Chapter Six

💚

Clay could barely pay attention in his first period class. He was so filled with energy despite not even going to sleep last night. He decided to go to school earlier than usual to take the time to analyze every student that passed him. Because one of them was Gogy.

He'd always thought his crush lived in England because he had a British accent, which was very hot, by the way. But now that he knew the two of them went to the same school, the accent might be his biggest clue to the boy. Take that and the fact that Gogy is a senior and finding him will be a piece of cake.

Clay already knew a few people with British accents and they were all on the debate team. Which was good for Clay, because they had practice today.

Of course Clay didn't even know what he would do when he found Gogy. He could reveal himself as Dream but that seems a little creepy. He could confess? Or get closer with the boy and make Gogy love him as Clay. But Clay didn't even know if he was into guys.

"Clay!"

He was pulled out of his thoughts to see everyone in his math class looking at him. His teacher, Mr. Phil Watson, or otherwise known as Mr. Philza, was looking at him impatiently.

"Glad to see you with us, Clay." He said.

"Sorry Mr. Philza," Clay said awkwardly. He wasn't the biggest fan of everyone's eyes on him. Sure, he liked to be loud and outgoing with his friends. But when he was alone? He'd rather everyone ignored him.

"Would you give us the answer to number seven?" He asked nicely, despite Clay's zone out.

"Yeah, uh," Clay glanced down at his workbook. He hadn't answered the problem in the book yet so he did some quick calculations in his head. "Do you want the full equation or just the answer?"

"The full equation."

"Then f(2)=23?" he said, questioning his answer.

"Perfect," his teacher said as he continued with the class.

Clay let out a small sigh of relief.

Actually, now that Clay thought about it, Mr. Philza was also British. Maybe Clay could speak to him and ask him if he knows any other British student? Clay considered the idea before coming to the conclusion that it was a bad idea. His teacher wouldn't be in cahoots with all the British kids just because he was British. That wouldn't make a lot of sense. Unless he had any kids that went to this school. But Clay doubted that was the case. Mr. Philza was old but there's no way he was that old.

Before the boy knew it, the bell to signal the end of first period rang. He immediately jumped out of his seat and made his way to his next class. Clay had English with Sapnap and he was hoping he could enlist some help from his friend.

As he was walking down the hall, he felt a vibration in his pocket. He pulled out his phone to see a notification. Gogy had messaged him. Clay paused for a second before opening the app.

***

Gogy

hey, you left kinda suddenly yesterday and i was wondering if you're okay? did i do something wrong?

***

Clay looked at the message in confusion. Did Gogy think Clay was upset with him? His crush probably noticed how he was acting oddly yesterday and took it the wrong way. He typed up a quick message to reassure the boy before putting his phone back in his pocket.

He spotted Sapnap and walked over to him. Hopefully Clay could get Sapnap to help him without revealing anything about the fact that he had a crush on an online friend. Clay was sure Sap would think he was weird.

💙

George nervously checked his phone's notification.

***

Dream

nonono of course not! i didn't mean to worry you. something important just came up yesterday.

im in class rn but how about we chat later?

id love to hear more about you <3

***

Of course Dream didn't hate him. He just happened to overthink everything, like always. But what George was more focused on was the end of his third message.

Obviously this wasn't the first time Dream had sent him heart emojis or symbols. The boy was very flirty. But this time it felt different. This time George hoped that Dream meant the heart. That Dream actually liked him more than a friend.

"Hey Georgie," Karl said, appearing in front of him. The two shared their physics class and even though their seats were on other sides of the room, Karl would often go to George's side and vice versa. Actually, the two shared most of their classes. They just got lucky their senior year.

"Hey Karl," George said, absentmindedly, still thinking about Dream's text.

"You finish your weird revenge plan for Clay?" That pulled George out of his thoughts.

He turned to his friend, a grin on his face. "As a matter of fact, I did." he said, proud of himself.

Karl looked at him, probably waiting for George to explain his bizarre plan. But he didn't. He just sat there and smiled, creepily.

"Are you gonna tell me what your plan is?" Karl asked, finally giving in.

"Nope," George said. "You'll just have to see when it happens today."

"Today?" Karl said, obviously shocked and a bit concerned for his friend. "Don't you think you're rushing things a bit? The worst he's done to you is accidentally ruin an assignment."

"It wasn't an accident," George snapped at Karl. "And no, I'm not. This is perfectly timed and well deserved."

He knew Karl wouldn't understand. George didn't even fully understand himself. He just hated the boy. And he knew what Clay did definitely wasn't an accident. George needed to get his revenge. And the sooner he got revenge, the sooner he could focus on more important matters. Like schoolwork or Dream.

"If you say so," Karl said, rolling his eyes.