Chapter 1

A/N:Hey everyone! This is my first story and I'm really excited to write this. I'm going to be honest and just say I take long to update, so it may be some time before I update. But when I do update, I'll try my best to make it as long as I can and update many chapters at once .....maybe.

So here goes nothing...

ENJOY!

*________________________________________________________________*

Sophie P.O.V

"Ouch!"

I yelped as I stubbed my toe on the door frame entering my new house. Me and my dad recently moved here to McKintyre. I walked in to the huge house only to be greeted my maids who were for some reason already there asking to carry my bags.

Yes we are rich but I don't like to brag about it.

I walked upstairs and opened one of the last doors.... An enormous bedroom with a walk in closet, bathroom, and balcony outside. I opened the balcony door and the fresh scent of pine needles hit me.

There was a giant pine tree standing next to my balcony where I could as easily climb down and escape from my abusive father. I looked next door to see another giant house with a balcony just like mine, it had two chairs and a table with an umbrella.

I walked back inside and went downstairs to watch all the maids bring in the boxes and furniture. Sometimes I wondered what it would be like to be in their shoes so I try my best to be nice to them unlike my dad who yells at them for sometimes no reason.

Two years ago my mom died of cancer and since then my father became a completely different man, he was kind and always had a smile on his face, now he's just mean and abusive. He started hitting me last year and every time he did he had a smile on his face as if it made him happy.

"Sophie!" My dad yelled.

I ran to the front door and saw my dad standing there with his arms folded across his chest and I slightly shivered.

"Did you pick your bedroom yet?" he asked in a cold tone, that I'm used to everyday.

"Yes, father" I replied

"good, now continue unpacking, I will be going to a business meeting shortly, you better have cooked dinner by the time I get home understood?"

"Yes,father"

And with that he walked out the door and slammed it behind him.

I ran up to my bedroom and started unpacking my bed sheets and clothes after about three hours of unpacking everything I went downstairs to get a snack when I heard the doorbell ring.

I walked over to the door and opened it to find a guy who looked to be around my age wearing a tight shirt in which you could see his abs, short brown hair, ocean blue eyes a black beanie with tight black skinny jeans, and red vans.

I was wearing a dress with flats and my hair let out, he stared at me with his mouth a little open and looking at me from head to toe. About a half a minute passed before I got bored and wanted some rest after the long day so I decided to speak up.

"Hi?"

"Oh sorry H-hi..I'm Asher Reed" He replied

I stared back at him expecting him to reply but he took his time.

"Mm..I live next door and my mom wanted me to bring over some pie for the new neighbors. And you are?" He continued

"Sophia Ramirez, nice to meet you." I said with a smile before sticking my hand out so he could shake it. He stared at me blankly and I nervously pulled my hand back letting a small giggle escape my lips. I thought of how strange it was that the people around here did not shake hands.

"You have a really cute laugh." He said

I looked down blushing as he chuckled nervously, sliding his left hand into his hair before handing me the pie as our hands touched lightly.

"Thank you very much, and please tell your mother that we thank her for the pie and we look forward to meeting her one day." I said before slowly closing the door.

"Welcome" He answered before walking away and heading to his house next door.

I closed the door softly and put the pie in the kitchen before running up to my bedroom.

I closed the door and jumped on my bed, I began thinking about how my life here in McKintyre was going to be like before slowly and peacefully drifting off to sleep.