Chapter 3

A/N: Hey everyone sorry about not updating sooner, I was pretty busy. But I'm going to be updating two chapters today... YAY!

*________________________________________________________________*

Sophie P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating on my nightstand. I opened my eyes still heavy from sleep to look over. I turned it on, the bright light of the screen burning my eyes.

To: Sophie

From: Father

5:48pm

 Sophie, I am going to be a bit earlier tonight because my last meeting was cancelled, you better have finished dinner by the time I get home. Bye.

I jumped out of bed and ran downstairs to the kitchen, how could I have forgotten dinner!? I looked through the cabinets to have found everything in place, I'm guessing the maids put everything in.

I ended up getting the ingredients for grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, lame I know but it's the quickest meal I could cook. Grilled cheese sandwiches were his favorite anyway. I sighed in relief because I had about 40 minutes left since my dad was getting home around 6:30pm.

By the time I finished I had set up the table and finished cooking, I looked at the oven timer and saw that it was 6:27pm.

Just as I heard the front door open, I sprinted to the table and sat down. My father then walked into the dining room and sat in front of me placing his brief case in the living room.

"Hello Sophie"

"Good afternoon Father."

"Sophie we have some guests coming over tonight I hope you made enough but honestly I don't think it was the best idea to make some sandwiches so go to the kitchen and fix up something up that's more... elegant."

"May I ask who father?"

"The neighbors."

"Of course Father"

"I invited over everybody in the neighborhood so you could meet them. Now go make dinner and try not to f*uck this up." He hissed

I nodded and responded with, "I shall not upset you, Father."

And with that I walked to the kitchen to cook what I had in mind, Lobster. I tried my best to make it quickly since it was already prepared.

About an hour later it was ready and I placed it on the dining room table and by the time I walked in, my soup was slightly warm so I began to eat it, my father had already finished and left with his dishes.

Suddenly the doorbell rang and I jumped up causing the table to move and spill some tomato soup on my lap. Ugh!

I didn't have time to change so I went to open the door. And to my surprise Ashter Reed stood before me.