Bedtime (Sam)

God, I really hate going to sleep. I hate it. My whole entire night consists of tossing and turning and waking and nightmares. All night long, and every single day. Since I was 15. (Aka: when I started hunting) But, Sam and Dean always tried to calm me down. Waking me up in the middle of the night when I'm freaking out. Comfort me and stuff. Never works. It is nice though.

The past few nights though. They've been getting worse. Scarier nightmares, sweating more, waking up more. And Sam and Dean can't come in because I lock the door in my sleep.

Tonight. I'm going to dream of rainbows and nice things. I hope so. I hope I wake up refreshed. Not relieved. It's about 2:00am and I haven't gone to bed yet. Someone knocks on the door and walks in. "Hey Mirah, you doing ok?" Asks the voice.

"I'm fine Sam thanks" I say in a tired voice.

"You should try going to sleep" he says.

I sit up. "No." I say firmly.

He walks in and sits in the edge of the bed. "You have to get sleep Mirah. It's good for you" he says.

"Not like I get any anyways, so what's the point" I say giving up.

"Mirah..." Says Sam.

"What?" I ask looking chin straight in the eyes.

"You need to get sleep. I care about you. And you're health. Can you at least try?" He asks staring at me.

"Sam you don't understand-"

"No I don't. I know that. But Mirah...I-I really care about you. Please try..." He says.

"I can't Sam..." I say ashamed.

"It's ok..." He says outing his hand in mine, "do you...can I lay with you?" He asks.

"Sure" I say.

I lift the blanket and wait for him to around the bed and he lays down next to me and hugs me. "I really do care about you..." He says.

"I care about you too Sam..." I say smiling.

"More than you think. You deserve better than us." He says.

"No I don't. You guys are perfect. I can't live without you, Sam" I tell him.

"Did I ever mention to you that I've had feelings for you since we met?" He asks.

"No..." I say, feeling my cheeks get hot.

"Well...I still do..." He says looking at the ceiling.

I lay my head on his chest. "I like you too Sam" I say smiling.

"Really? Like...more than friends?" He asks like a little kid.

"Yes...and have since we met too" I say giggling.

He laughs. "I love your laugh...as stupid as that sounds..." He says.

"Yeah...that was stupid" I say laughing.

He kisses my head. "I like you a lot Mirah" he says.

"You said that already sam" I say laughing.

"I know. I just like saying it over and over. Because I finally got the guts to tell you" he tells me.

"It's not about guys Sam. You were just waiting for the right time is all" I say looking up at him.

He looks at me and smiles. Then I kiss him. "Can you stay here tonight?" I ask stupidly.

"Anything for you" he says.

-----------------------------------

In the morning I realize that I woke up relaxed. "Morning sunshine" he says looking at me.

I look at his face which was right across from mine. "I didn't have nightmares..." I say smiling.

"Good" he says kissing me then getting up and going to wake up Dean.

"I had no nightmares..." I repay over and over. And from last night. I thank his for Sam.