Eleven

Things with Tom and Scarlett had been tense. Scarlett couldn't get toms words out of her head. And how he wanted Amber dead. She was worried that he was going to do something stupid.

That morning, she woke in bed and sighed. Tom wasn't there. She grabbed her dressing gown and walked downstairs.

She saw Tom sitting on the sofa with Ella who was asleep. "Is everything okay?" She asked as she looked to him.

Tom nodded. "She had a bad night. Nightmares. I could kill Amber for this. She's broken this perfect girl."

Scarlett smiled. She sat with them. "We're going to change her life. I promise you."

"I hope so. I want her dead though."

Scarlett stood up and walked off. She hated when Tom spoke like that. It made her feel uneasy.

***
The family went into Waterloo Road. Ella sighed and walked off. Scarlett looked to Tom. "Listen. I think that maybe you should not talk about wanting Amber dead in front of her."

Tom rolled his eyes. "I know what to say and what not to say in front of her. I know my daughter."

Scarlett rolled her eyes as she looked to him. "And I'm just saying. Maybe don't say that in front of her. It could be upsetting to her," she told him.

Tom said nothing as he walked off. Scarlett sighed. She turned to see Ella standing there. "You're fighting because of me. Aren't you?" She said.

Scarlett shook her head and smiled. "No. I've just told your dad he has to be careful what he says around you and Gracie. She's at that age where she picks up stuff and then repeats it in nursery."

Ella nodded and sighed. "She really shouldn't be doing that."

"I know babes. Are you okay? You seem distant," Scarlett said as she looked to her.

"I'm fine. I'm just tired. I didn't sleep well. That's all," Ella said as she walked off.

Scarlett couldn't help but worry about how messy her little family was becoming. She hated how it was all going crap.

***
Scarlett sat in her classroom. Rachel walked in. "Are you okay love? You don't seem yourself."

"I'm fine mum. I'm just tired. I haven't been sleeping so well lately. And I just don't know what's going on with Tom and I."

Rachel looked to her. She smiled. "Maybe you need a break away. You and Gracie are always welcome to stay with me."

Scarlett shook her head. She sighed. "And what about Ella? She's as good as my daughter too. I won't leave her behind."

Rachel looked to her. "I don't really know Ella that well. But she's welcome too."

Scarlett rolled her eyes. She looked to her mum. "I don't know why you're being like this. But I just can't handle it right now. I'm just not feeling this."

Rachel turned and walked off. She knew that something was bothering Scarlett. But what?

***
Scarlett took Ella back home. Gracie was staying over at Rachel's. Scarlett walked in and saw Tom sitting on the sofa. He looked shocked.

Scarlett frowned. "Tom... what's happened?"

"The police have just left. I've has reported for child abuse against Ella and Gracie. Social services are on their way here now."

Scarlett paled. She couldn't believe what had happened. But could she prove that Amber was behind all of this?