Seventeen

Scarlett knew how things were falling into place. She was happy that Tom had found out that Ella was actually his daughter.

It was making the whole process easier. And Scarlett was thrilled knowing that she and Tom were about to change Ella's life.

Scarlett knew how she and Tom had overcome all the toxic they had been through. They were trying to give their two girls a better life. And it was something Scarlett wanted to do.

She wanted to talk to Tom about her adopting Ella too. She knew that now Tom was her father, it would be easier.

Scarlett and Tom had been through a lot. And both of them were trying to make it all work. And they had been trying it was a lot easier now they were on the same page. But Scarlett was still worried that it wasn't going to work.

All she knew was that things were slowly getting better. But she was trying to make sure it stayed that way.

Morning came and she was lying in bed with Tom. Tom looked to her. "You look like you have something on your mind. What's wrong?" He asked.

Scarlett sighed. She smiled. "Do you think I'd be able to adopt Ella? You're her dad. And her mum is... I don't know what. You never told me about her," she said.

Tom smiled. "If you want to adopt her, I don't see why you couldn't adopt her. I mean, it's not a problem," he said.

"Do you think she would want me to adopt her?"

Tom nodded. He kissed her lips. "I think she would love you to adopt her. She's got no one but us. And she loves you," he told her.

Scarlett smiled. "I'm gonna go and make the girls breakfast. Hungry?" She asked.

"For you yes. But I'll take a bacon sandwich," Tom joked as he got out of bed and pulled her up. "Let's go be a family and do family stuff."

Scarlett rolled her eyes but followed him out of the bedroom.

***
Scarlett was sitting in the staff room. Rachel walked in and smiled. "How you doing love?" She asked

Scarlett nodded and smiled. "I'm good. Tom and I are in a good place finally. I feel like all the toxic has gone. Which I'm so grateful for. The girls don't need it. And I don't need it," she told her.

Rachel sighed and sat down with her. "Darling, do you think that maybe you rushed into things? You took in Tom's very damaged teenage daughter."

"She's damaged because she was sexually abused at the age of three. She's healing. And she needs someone to help her heal. I don't understand why you're so unreasonable about this mum. I'd do it for anyone. You just don't like the idea that Tom and I are happy," Scarlett said.

"It's not about that Scarlett. I'm worried you rushed into this. You have Gracie to think about. And Ella... well she's damaged."

Scarlett frowned. "Is this your way of saying that you think Ella is going to hurt Gracie? What the hell?"

"I don't think that."

"No but you clearly do."

Scarlett said nothing as she stood up and walked off.

***
Scarlett and Tom put Gracie to bed. They sat with Ella and smiled. "Hey. So, we need to talk to you," Scarlett said as she smiled.

Ella nodded. "I didn't do it."

"I know you didn't. But Scarlett and I have been talking. Would you like it if she adopted you?" Tom asked.

Ella frowned. "Adopt me?"

Scarlett nodded. She smiled. "Yeah. I've been thinking about it. And I'd like to be your official mum," she told her as Ella nodded. "You want that?"

Ella nodded and cuddled into Scarlett. Scarlett held her close and smiled. Just hoping that things were going to be okay.