⚡️ Chapter 62 ⚡️

Hermione did not ask Vega, Harry or Ron to help her pursue vengeance against Rita Skeeter – and even if she had, they wouldn't have been able to help her out anyhow as their school workload was mounting ever higher in the days before the rapidly approaching Easter holidays, especially for Vega. She was the busiest out of her friends due to the fact that she was taking up twelve subjects.

Vega was trying to do her best – she needed to finish piles of homework and classwork, and she had a lot of things that she needed to memorise and focus. It was sometimes difficult as she could often find her thoughts straying off toward Fred, and that was very hard to keep under control at times.

And as the days went on, it was tougher and tougher to find the time to hang out together due to their workload but Vega still fought against her work to find that moment to spend it with Fred.

It was, however, only during the early morning hours or the late hours after dinner that they could.

By now, all Vega wanted was the Triwizard Tournament to be over so she could spend maximum time with Fred and be able to do that openly. She wasn't sure if she would get hate for dating Fred or if he would – she just didn't want him to get like Hermione had gotten after the newspaper.

Quite honestly, Vega felt a bit sorry that she was like this – she felt that even though Fred assured her otherwise, she was quite burdening. She didn't want to make him feel too bad and frustrated.

There were also times when Vega helped Hermione with researching magical methods of possible eavesdropping, and she was often joined by Harry every evening to send regular food packages up to the cave in the mountain for Sirius. On other times, she was joined by Fred for a bit, of course.

Harry often sent enclosed notes to Sirius, telling him that nothing out of the ordinary had happened, and that they were still waiting for an answer from Percy. Hedwig hadn't returned with any reply, and she didn't return until the end of the Easter holidays.

Percy's letter was enclosed in a package of Easter eggs that Mrs. Weasley had sent. Vega's, Harry's and Ron's were the size of dragon eggs and full of homemade toffee. Hermione's easter egg, however, was smaller than a chicken egg. Her face fell when she saw it, causing Vega to frown.

"Your mum doesn't read Witch Weekly, by any chance, does she, Ron?" Hermione asked quietly.

"Yeah," Ron replied, whose mouth was full of toffee. "Gets it for the recipes," Hermione looked sadly at her tiny egg, and Vega quickly held out some of her own to share with her.

"Share with me, I don't think I should be eating too much sweets," Vega said. "Besides..." She felt her cheeks turn lightly pink. "Fred's already always giving me sweets and chocolates..."

"Let's see what Percy's written," Harry added as he quickly picked out the letter from Hedwig and unrolled it – Percy's letter was short and irritated. It said:

As I am constantly telling the Daily Prophet, Mr. Crouch is taking a well-deserved break. He is sending in regular owls with instructions. No, I haven't actually seen him, but I think I can be trusted to know my own superior's handwriting. I have quite enough to do at the moment without trying to quash these ridiculous rumours. Please don't bother me again unless it's something important.
Happy Easter.

"Ah, none of that sounds very nice, does it?" Vega asked, frowning as she reread the letter. "What is going on with Mr. Crouch? It's getting on my nerves... ah, I wish summer would come this and this would all be over... and someone would do something about Crouch and Bertha Jorkins quickly,"

⚡️