Chapter Eleven

Here is chapter eleven.

John is blazing past traffic as he and Maria hurried over to the hospital in Jeff Hardy's hometown. Once they got there, they met Jeff in the waiting room. But he wasn't alone. Sitting next to him was his close friend Lita.

She looked up and smiled a little when she saw John and Maria coming towards them. She got up and hugged both of them.

"I'm so happy you guys came." Lita replied said. "How is he?" John whispered. "It's been a difficult last few days for him and his parents." she replied.

"Have they said anything about Trish?" Maria asked frantic. "Doctors said she suffered blunt force trama. They don't know if she's going to make it." Lita replied, sounding like she was going to cry, and the two women embraced.

John took a seat next to Jeff. "Hey man." he replied softly. Jeff looked up and smiled a little. "So how are you doing?" John then asked. Jeff lifted up his left arm, which was in a cast. "I'll be okay. It's Trish I'm worried about." he replied.

"I don't know what I'm going to do. I can't live without her." he said as he started sobbing again. John wrapped an arm around Jeff's shoulders and held him close.

"It's okay man. Hang in there. Trish is a strong woman. That's why you married her. Me and Maria are here for you if you need anything." John said.

It seems Jeff started to feel a little better. "Thanks. That means a lot." Jeff said. "Hey. Can't leave a brother hanging." John said, and they bumped fists.

"Hey guys. We're gonna head over to McDonald's." Maria said. "Wanna join us?" Lita then asked. "Sure." Both Jeff and John said at the same time. "I'm starving." Jeff said. "I feel like I haven't eaten in days."

Later that evening

"Are you sure about us staying at your place? We can just stay at a hotel." John said. "No. It's no problem. Besides, I could use the company." Jeff said. "Hey. We're here for you." Maria said while she was holding her daughter in her lap.

The four headed inside, and they went over and sat on Jeff's couch. They watched TV for a bit before Jeff tapped John on the shoulder. "Can we talk in the kitchen?" "Sure."

The two men got up and went over to the kitchen. "I have a strong feeling that it wasn't an accident." Jeff said. John raised his eyebrows. "Are you sure about it?" John asked. "I'm damn sure. Just before I blacked out I heard tire squealing. So I'm sure it was done on purpose."

"You think it was Mike Kanellis?" John wondered. "Could be. He could've tried to hurt us. Or he could've actually tried to kill us." he said. "We'll figure it out. In the meantime, lets not worry about it too much."

Jeff took a deep breath. "You're right." he said. "Want something to drink?" Jeff offered. "Sure. I could use a beer." John said. Jeff walked over to the fridge and grabbed a couple of Budwisers.

They both took a sip before they heard Jeff's door open, and someone running. ''JEFF! CALL THE POLICE!'' it sounded like Lita. She appeared in the kitchen. "Why? What happened?"

"I went outside with Maria to get some of her stuff out of John's car, when a van pulled up, and someone grabbed Maria. I tried to save her but I got punched in the face and the van sped off."

Both men dropped their beers and Jeff quickly picked up his phone and called 911.

Well there was chapter eleven. Let me know what you think.