Chapter 5

~~~Elizabeth’s P.O.V.~~~

I put on a pair of shorts and a loose fitted top ready to go to the beach. All I needed to do was take them off when I get to the beach and I’ll be ready. I grabbed my Ray Bans, a book and my tote. I was ready to have a good time at Venice Beach. I made my way there and arrived there surprisingly fast. Putting on my Ray Bans, I grabbed my things and headed to my favorite spot near the pier. I sat on one of the beach chairs and grabbed my iPod and book. I put my iPod on shuffle and Coldplay’s “Viva La Vida” began playing. I hummed along with the song as I found my page in the book.

I finished reading the book in record time and decided to lounge on the chair to let the sun bathe me. I was listening to my iPod peacefully, when a range of screams traveled through the beach. I turned to my right and saw three guys running but eventually slowing their pace. I returned to my sunbathing when I felt a presence next to me. I removed my sunglasses and looked over to see a boy with a giddy smile standing next to me. He was wearing a hat and dark sunglasses, so I couldn’t tell who he was.

“Can I help you?” I asked. He just continued smiling. “Okay, you can stay here and I’ll just leave.”

Before I had the chance to leave, he grabbed my wrist and turned me around. My heart started thumping loudly, and sweat beads were beginning to form on my forehead. He lowered his sunglasses just a little, so I can see a pair of familiar brown eyes.

“Zayn,” I yelled.

“The one and only,” he smiled.

“What in the world is your problem? Who gave you the idea to come and scare me like that? I almost had a heart attack you idiot. I thought you were some---,” my rambling was cut short by a hand being placed over my mouth. I looked down at the hand, then at Zayn and he just shrugged his shoulders.

“You talk too much. So come on let’s go,” he said while pulling my wrist to go with him.

“Where are we going?” I asked as I pulled my wrist out of his grip and collected my belongings.

“Hang out with Louis and Niall,” Zayn stated simply.

He led the way and soon we met Louis and Niall by a surf shack. My eyes widened as they scanned the shelves of surfboards.

“Like what you see?” asked Louis. I nodded my head yes. “Want to try one with me?” I nodded my head again. Louis got two surfboards for us. A yellow and orange surfboard for him and a blue and purple one for me.

“You know how to surf,” Zayn asked me.

“Yeah. When I first moved here, I had nothing to do. I always went to the beach and one day decided to learn to surf,” I explained to him.

“Cool.” I just nodded my head.

All four of us walked to the shore, Louis and I both held our surfboards under our arms, just staring at the waves ahead of us.

“You ready,” Louis asked me without turning his head.

“More than I’ll ever be,” I answered.

“Alright then. Let’s do this,” said Louis as he began making his way in the water. I started to follow him but Zayn called us back.

“What,” Louis asked annoyed.

“Let’s make this more interesting,” Zayn said with a glint in his eyes. Louis stopped whining and began listening. “How about we have a competition between the two of you. I’ll record with my phone, Niall uses his announcer voice, and post the video online and by the end of the week, check who will get more votes.”