13.18

The Mansion of the Three Princes

    Wu Chen looked at Zhai Hongshen in front of him, and asked in confusion, "Uncle, what are you doing by pulling me out?"

    "If I don't pull you out, do you still want to tell His Majesty that you are going to do disaster relief?" Zhai Hongshen asked rhetorically.

    "Of course I have to seize such a good opportunity." Wu Chen nodded as a matter of course.

    Zhai Hongshen shook his head and said, "You are really confused! A gentleman does not stand under a dangerous wall. Whenever there is a disaster, there will always be a mob. You are so stupid without knowing it!"

    "Uncle, this matter is not as serious as you said. I am always surrounded by guards, and I have martial arts by myself. It is not as bad as you think. The Crown Prince promoted sweet potatoes before, which has been appreciated by the father and the people. , Now there is a flood in Yongyuan Mansion, this is a good opportunity for me to perform." Wu Chen analyzed.

Zhai Hong saw that Wu Chen insisted on going his own way and could not listen to his own persuasion, so he had to confess: "As of now, I will tell you the truth. I have already learned the news of the flood disaster in Yongyuan Mansion."

    "What? Uncle, you already knew about this? Then why didn't you tell me!" Wu Chen said with a displeased expression.

    "This matter is related to Prince An, I don't want you to get involved," said Zhai Hongshen.

    "Prince An? What does this have to do with him?" Wu Chen asked curiously.

    Prince An is the brother of one of the emperor's mothers. Although the other party did not enter the court due to his poor health, the emperor still values ​​this younger brother very much. The rewards that are sent to Prince An's mansion during festivals are unknown, Wu Chen can't imagine it. What does this flood have to do with Prince An?

Zhai Hongshen has lived in the court for a long time and knows a lot more. He explained: "Prince An is obsessed with the art of alchemy."

    As soon as these words came out, Wu Chen instantly understood.

    Alchemy is not a simple matter, and it requires no less money than building a city wall.

    "Does the royal father know about this?" Wu Chen asked.

    "Your Majesty should not know, King An kept it a secret, and I also accidentally discovered that King An's men were collecting some strange materials. After investigation, I discovered the secret of the other party's alchemy. Later, I sent people to watch the other party's every move. Then it was discovered that he had connections with the prefect of Yongyuan Mansion."

    "Now that there is a flood in Yongyuan Mansion, King An will definitely not be able to escape his involvement. Let's just pretend we don't know about it. As for the disaster relief, don't mention it again!" Zhai Hongshen instructed.

"Could it be that this opportunity to win the hearts of the people is just given to the prince? I'm not reconciled!" Wu Chen said stubbornly.

    "Prince An is not as simple as you think. Except for the prefect of Yongyuan Mansion, even the ministers of officials belong to him. If you go to disaster relief, you will surely offend him. Now that the prince has not suppressed it, do you want to Are you setting up a strong enemy yourself?" Zhai Hongshen persuaded deeply.

    After some negotiation, the nephew and uncle decided not to go into the muddy waters.

    "Uncle, just now I have proposed myself to disaster relief in front of my father. If my father ordered me to go to Yongyuan Mansion, what should I do next?" Wu Chen asked for help.