13.25

Wu Chen came out of Concubine Zhai's palace, and when he turned around the corner of the imperial garden, he heard two voices coming from the front.

"Father Xi, what did you ask the slave to prepare this poison for?"

"Do you not want your head after asking so much?"

When the words fell, Wu Chen heard that one of the speakers was Wang Xi, who was serving by the emperor's side, and the other was the godson of the eunuch chief Wang Fu.

Immediately after two footsteps came towards him, Wu Chen didn't know why, and subconsciously hid in the bushes beside him.

Watching Wang Xi lead a little eunuch away, Wu Chen's eyes darkened and he followed quietly.

He followed Wang Xi to the imperial dining room, then looked at the other party and said to the manager of the imperial dining room: "Your Majesty and Prince An are going to have a feast in the imperial study room, you quickly order them to bring the wine and food to the royal study room."

"The servant ordered them to prepare the food and drink." The head of the imperial kitchen replied.

"An Wang likes to drink pear blossom wine the most, so don't forget this." Wang Xi urged.

"I won't forget, please rest assured Eunuch Xi." The head of the imperial kitchen said.

Wang Xi nodded in satisfaction, and then wandered around in the imperial kitchen, until he saw that the people in the imperial kitchen put An Wang's favorite pear flower wine on a tray, he walked over, opened it and smelled it.

The head of the imperial kitchen said with a smile, "Father Xi, don't worry now!"

"Well, yes, it is indeed pear blossom wine." Wang Xi nodded.

"Is there any other orders for Eunuch Xi?" the manager asked.

Wang Xi shook his head and said, "It's okay, you guys remember to hurry up and bring your things to the imperial kitchen."

After saying this, Wang Xi left the imperial kitchen.

Wu Chen looked at Wang Xi's back, and his eyes were thoughtful. He remembered what Wu Bai said yesterday, and also thought that Wu Bai was willing to enter the palace today to diagnose and treat King An. In an instant, he wanted to understand something.

"Third Highness, why are you here?" The voice of the head of the imperial kitchen woke up the contemplative Wu Chen.

It was only then that Wu Chen realized that he had walked into the imperial kitchen unknowingly. He looked at the pear flower wine on the tray, and his heart was full of entanglements. On the one hand, he thought that the life and death of King An had nothing to do with him, and this was the decision made by the father. He couldn't get involved, and on the other hand, he didn't want Wu Bai to get his wish.

"His Royal Highness just happened to pass by here, take a look at it, you don't need to care." Wu Chen waved his hand.

The steward of the imperial kitchen was instructed, so he did not continue to stare at Wu Chen, but instructed the people under his command to move quickly.

Finally, the people in the imperial kitchen put everything on a plate and left with the trays one by one.

Just when the last little eunuch was about to leave the imperial kitchen with pear flower wine, Wu Chen couldn't help but tripped up his feet.

The little eunuch watched the pot full of pear blossom wine sprinkled on the ground, and he was so frightened that he knelt on the ground and kept begging for mercy.