The Curse Of Bengal

Yo ✨ this story is coming to an end 😄 thank you for your support ❤️

If anyone understands Bengali then I'm telling you the upper video 👆 isn't a prank. It's official WB news channel believe me 🙃

*******

Third Person's POV

Ghosts are an important part of the folklore and integral to the socio-cultural fabric of the geographical and ethno-linguistic region of Bengal which presently consists of Bangladesh and the Indian state of West Bengal.

Fairy tales, both old and new, often use the concept of ghosts. References to ghosts are often found in modern-day Bengali literature, cinema, radio & television media.

There are also many alleged haunted sites in the region. The common word for ghosts in Bengali is bhoot or bhut (Bengali: ভূত). This word has an alternative meaning: 'past' in Bengali.

Also, the word Pret (derived from Sanskrit 'Preta') is used in Bengali to mean ghost.

In Bengal, ghosts are believed to be the unsatisfied spirits of human beings who cannot find peace after death or the souls of people who died in unnatural or abnormal circumstances like murders, suicides or accidents. Non-human animals can also turn into ghosts after their death.

Ghosts, other similar supernatural entities, as well as tales of paranormal powers (such as clairvoyance, psychic phenomenon etc

Ghosts, other similar supernatural entities, as well as tales of paranormal powers (such as clairvoyance, psychic phenomenon etc.) are plots for many short stories and novels in modern-day Bengali literature. Some classic literature and folk-lore are also based on such plot.

The number of Bengali films of this genre are small in number compared to the western world.

Some radio and TV programs also feature stories of people's paranormal experiences.

Common people of both Bangladesh and West Bengal love the supernatural thrills, and the personal stories of people's paranormal experiences are hot topics for gossip, rumours and hangout discussions among friends and family...

Surova's POV

A mention of the most haunted places in Kolkata brings alive its fascinating past as well.

A city that was much loved by the Mughals, French, British and Dutch, almost every lane has a tale to tell, some with a twist of horror.

If you have some ghost-chasing on your mind, there is the supposed ghost of Warren Hastings who comes riding a horse to Hastings House and the spirit of Lady Metcalfe that you might find sashaying down the corridors of the National Library of India.