t w e n t y

w i l l o w 𖤐

w i l l o w
𖤐

"WHAT'S GOING ON?" I asked, stepping off the school bus and over my friends who were huddled together whispering. As soon as I merged in with them, Angel turned to me, her eyes glazed with something I couldn't figure out. "What's happened? Are you guys alright?" I asked, feeling a little agitated.

"Come here," Angel pulled me closer to the circle and looked over Charlotte's shoulder before ducking again. "Apparently Theo's parents have taken him away to Brazil and no one knows when he's going to be back."

My eyes widened like saucers. "Brazil? Why there?" I found myself asking. Brazil was far, but what on earth was his parents doing taking him away? Why was I so interested? I barely knew the guy!

"No one knows. But some are assuming it's because he was born there." Cadence cut in and I turned my head to her. "His friends were taking about his quick departure, apparently they didn't even know until today."

"Odd." I said, standing back up straight and pushing my plait off my shoulder. His group of friends were all huddled around each other, festering in a conversation, along with the rest of the school. "Was this all that everybody is talking about? Theo in Brazil?" I scoffed. Eyes dancing around to each group, I shook my head in dismay. "The world has really gone mad."

"Tell me about it," Angel snorted, linking an arm with mine and pulling me and the other girls inside the school building. "Anyway, what's with the school bus? Where's your car?"

My shoulder's slumped in defeat. I have had a week of hell. I had very stupidly allowed Callum to test drive my car to get his confidence up but he ended up scraping it against the fence of the parking lot. But that wasn't all. "It broke down yesterday. I'll be able to pick it up after school."

"You're going to have to catch the school bus home? That sucks." Charlotte said, glaring at a couple of people — inoccent people — who passed by, whispering. She fixed her leather jacket and her jet-black hair before sending me a small smile. Revolution made?: Today.

"I suppose I am," I sighed. Taking the school bus was the most dreadful thing that has happened to me. Being stuck next to a random person, sandwiched in whilst all around me were kids who were surprisingly hyper for that time of day. Luckily, I had my headphones with me as was able to drown out most of the noise, but if I didn't have them I think I would walked myself to school instead. The bus smelt a mix of minty breaths and pungent aftershave kids had sprayed prior from getting onto the bus, only for it to wear off later that day.

I wasn't able to get my extra half an hour lie-in today seeing as I wasn't able to drive myself in fifteen minutes beforehand. But, I had to think about this in a positive light: I was getting my car back after school.