33 | Filipendulous

A/N: Listening to: Sad Girl by Lana Del Rey
Also near the end, it has a TW: Sick

A/N: Listening to: Sad Girl by Lana Del ReyAlso near the end, it has a TW: Sick

. . . . .
'AND SUDDENLY, SADNESS TURNS INTO ANGER.'

THE SUN'S GOLDEN RAYS gently filtered through the half-closed blinds, casting a warm glow on my face as I slowly emerged from the depths of slumber. This particular morning, a sense of renewed energy filled my veins, as if the fog of illness that had plagued me for days had finally lifted. I stretched my limbs, relishing the feeling of vitality that coursed through me.

With newfound vigor, I swung my legs over the side of the bed and planted my feet on the soft carpet. As I rose to my feet, a smile tugged at the corners of my lips at the thought of Sam calling me up last night for a total of two hours.

Two fucking hours!

Excitement buzzed in the air as I hurriedly donned my favorite outfit, a white summer dress that my fingers deftly fastened up the buttons and tied up the pretty pale pink ribbon into a bow at the back, adorning my hair into a low bun that would be out of my way. Glancing at the mirror, I felt a new wave of confidence travel through me like nothing before.

What would Sam think of me today?

As I dashed down the stairs, Callum intercepted my path with a mischievous grin. "The doorbell just rang."

I paused for a moment, a twinge of curiosity lighting up my eyes. "Oh?"

Without skipping a beat, Callum replied, "Yep, and it was for you." He dangled a small pink piece of card from the ribbon, which he must've ripped off from my parcel. "It was a box. A big one."

My heart skipped a beat. "But I wasn't expecting anything."

Callum shrugged and waltzed passed me into the kitchen, shouting over his shoulder. "It's by the front door. Whatever it is is way too big to carry inside." Now he piqued my interest.

Bounding towards the door, I flung it open. There it was, the massive box he was on about. But he was completely underestimating the size and the color. It was ginormous and pink with a massive purple bow on the top of it. With not a second to waste, I dragged the box into the living room, catching my foot on the rug that was caught under the weight of the unknown object. Ouch!

"I'm guessing you're gonna' need this before you open it," Callum said, dangling the piece of the card back in my face. I snatched it from his hand and sat back onto my butt, my legs crossed. I didn't know what to expect. Maybe I had won the lottery I never entered?

To Willow,

This is my sincere apology for breaking your beloved book yesterday. I couldn't be more upset that I am crying as I write this — I could sense the sarcasm as if he was reading it to me in person — I hope you forgive me because I certainly would.