27 | Alharaca

. . . . .
'THE TIME WILL TAKE US WHERE WE NEED TO BE.'

THE WEEKEND HAD COME around quickly and the only thing I did was lay in my bed. Every single time. Thankfully I didn't have any homework to do or anything else that was eating me away. Apart from the business project Theo and I needed to start. But it wasn't due till the end of the semester and considering we had just started up, we didn't need to go full stressed-out mode on it just yet. Maybe in a few weeks, but even then I'd be saying the same thing I was now: I still have loads of time.

But what I didn't have time for was messaging Theo. Or the other way around. He sent me that picture from when we hung out together, but then we never spoke again. The chat consisted of a thumbs up with a brief thanks but never did he write a full sentence. I guess I should've known he was like that. He moved from Chicago and already had a fan club. Already had masses of girls lining up to sleep with him and the girl from the pizza café yesterday was clearing one of them. Maybe he was seeing her today — but it didn't matter to me, I had my date with Sam today.

Should I let Theo know? Allow him to stop me from doing it? I knew how much he and Callum hated Sam, and I was worried I would find out fairly soon what exactly he was like. Sam was a dick and boasted about his life. But in a logical sense, if he had nothing else to boast about to me — if he did — then things would be fine. It wouldn't interfere with our relationship if we ever went that far together.

Anyway, boys would be boys, and if they felt threatened by someone, they would dislike them. But Sam wouldn't hurt me, especially when he issued the date in the first place. I was just agreeing to see if I liked him and if this was what I wanted. Because maybe it would be.

Sam was trying. He was taking me to some fancy restaurant in Malibu. A restaurant I had never heard of before but had learned to like once I searched it up online. It was a little cozy restaurant with fountains and fireplaces. It looked heavily romantic, totally setting the mood.

I threw myself into the shower, feeling the warm droplets of the water scolding me. It was too good to get out of but extremely bad for the skin. Red rashes had littered my body and I was fast enough to dial down the temperature, going for a much more colder feeling. I leaned my head against the cold wall and closed my eyes, imagining all sorts of scenarios that could take place tonight. I wondered if he would mention the other day when he saw Theo and me unexpectedly. I must admit, I was shocked.

I would completely scrap the idea of letting Theo, and even Callum know who I was seeing tonight in case they'd rampage the date in a tank and yanking me on board with a helmet and all. Why should I tell them what was going on in my life when they didn't care? Callum was still MIA doing god knows what with god knows who and he hadn't returned home for the last couple of days. Mom was at work mostly, trying to bring in some income for us to be able to stay living here and go to school. And I, well I was barely trying to stay afloat. Work was tiring as usual, draining, to say the least as I endeavored the ability to fit in school work and my social life too. Sometimes everything was too much and I deserved a break - even though no matter how hard I tried, something would always be on my mind. Even when I would be in bed, trying to shut off the thoughts.