Chapter 12

Leila's been on my side while I was having my "moment".It felt like my heart had been ripped to many pieces.My tears won't stop.She's been comforting me for about thirty minutes already.When I finally calmed down,she gave me a glass of water.

I feel like I run a marathon.My throat is parched.My nose is clogged and my eyes were stinging.What a day!It's just half of the day but I felt so tired.So damn tired.

I was about to return to what I'm doing before I got interrupted when the last person I wanted to see entered the room.Could this day be more exciting!Zane entered and looked straight at me.I can see panicked in his eyes.He's about to come near me when Leila stood in front of me.

"Yes Mr. Robinson?"she asked.He just ignored her question and asked me instead.

"Are you crying Clara?"he asked.

"No she's not.She's just having a runny nose and she's not feeling well"Leila defended,still not moving in front of me.

"Could you please move,I am talking to Clara"his tone is hard.

"I believe I can't Mr. Robinson.She's about to go home now to rest"she insisted.

"Let me talk to her Leila"now he's pissed.

"Sorry I can't let that happen sir.I will be out for a couple minutes then I will come back.I will just take my bestie home.If you'll excuse us"we then left,without looking at Zane.I don't want to talk to him,not even look at him.I despise him.A lot.

After that incident,I never saw Zane again.It's our last day and the house is already finished.I am so happy to see our work.The best word to describe it is perfect.

We really did our magic and look at it now;it is so different from the way it is used to be before.You can never tell that this place looks like a haunted house the first time we set foot here.After a month of hardwork,here she is now.Our baby.I am treating all my works as my babies.And we will leave her now that our mission is over.I am gonna miss her but it's time for her parents to take care of her.

"Good job Clara"Leila said.

"Good job to us"I replied.

"I will miss this place"she admitted.

"Me too but we have to set her free to be with her real parents"I said.

"Yeah,are you okay?"she asked.

"Of course I am why?"

"You know...about the engagement party and all"she said.

"Well it's inevitable and whatever he does,it's none of my business.We're a thing in the past already"is my simple reply.

"Okay if you say so"I didn't bother to retort.I'm tired of defending myself.

"Now that we're finished with the project,we should celebrate!Partay!"she exclaimed.

"I can't"

"Whaaaat?!Why?!"

"I'm tired already and I will fix my things before we go back home"I said.

"Oh c'mon Clara,don't be a party pooper!"she whined.

"I am not and besides I'm not in the mood.Just enjoy yourselves guys and please drink moderately"Leila is a mess when she's heavily drunk.