Chapter 8

"Ahh,this house requires a lot of work!I'm so tired doll!"Laura whined.

"Oh shut up Laura!All you do is complain"I said in a bored tone.The truth is she's right but this is our job and there's no way we'll be complaining.The house is huge with so many rooms and they wanted us to design each.Arrgh!If only I could go back to that day Mr. Boston asked me this,I will decline right away but I can't so I have to finish this so we can go back to New Jersey already.I am on a "busy mode""when I heard a loud cute voice.

"Mommyyyyyyyyyyy!"Mischa called.

"Hey baby!"I can't hide my excitement seeing Mischa again.She is so cute and adorable.I immediately hugged and kissed her on both cheeks.Gosh,how I wish I have my own kids.

"I miss you mommy!"she stated."I always think of you...."she spoke while pouting.Oh my gosh I will die because of cuteness overload!

"I miss you too baby.Why are you here so early in the morning?"I asked."Where is daddy?"I began looking around then I saw someone that I don't like to see like forever...ever.

Walking towards us is the last person I wanted to see before I die.Or maybe never.I could rest in peace without her.Elizabeth,Zane's mom.Ex-mom-in-law.The witch.And other names that best describes her.I felt like all the air is being sucked,it's so hard to breathe.I am speechless.I don't know what to say,so I just simply stared at her.She looks...older.She's still elegant as the last time I saw her but something's change.I can't pinpoint it but there's something.Her eyes looks tired and there are visible wrinkles in her face.She changed...a lot.

"Good morning"she greeted.

"Good morning ma'am"I replied.I need to be polite since she's my "clients'"mother.

"I heard that you're the interior designer Zane hired"she said.

"Yeah"is my only reply.

"You come a long way.I can read an article about you and your works on every lifestyle magazine"she added.I dont  know what to reply.I have no idea that she knows what I am now.I mean I thought that everything about me is thrash to her.

"Congratulations on your success"I can feel sincerity in her voice but I can also see sadness in her eyes.What could be her problem?

"Is everything alright?"I asked.

She stopped for a moment as if she's thinking something then she answered"Yeah,of course.I just came here to visit my sons' house".

"Oh,I see"

"I can see that Mischa is so fond of you.She keeps on talking and talking about you when I fetched her on their house.She's not like that to everyone.In fact,you're the first person she ever talked to aside from the Robinson family"she added.

"Really?I didn't know that"I am very surprised on her revelation.She just nodded then averted her eyes outside the window.I can tell something's bothering her but I dont want to push it.It's none of my business.I am working while playing with Mischa.I have to,she didn't want to leave my side.Elizabeth just stood near the window.Laura saw her and wanted to assault her but I stopped my crazy bff telling her to just leave her alone.Moments later and little Mischa had passed out due to exhaustion.She keeps on playing with me and my crew.What a little ball of energy.I lay her down on the plush sofa then looked at Elizabeth who's looking at me too.