Chapter Two

"Sky," someone said knocking on my bedroom door. I groaned and looked over at my clock seeing it was only nine in the morning. Whoever was knocking on the door, I'm assuming it was Luke, didn't knock again so I decided to close my eyes and go back to sleep. As soon as my head hit the pillow Luke knocked again. I swear, I could have cried.

"What?" I groaned dropping my head into my hands.

"Can I come in," he asked and I shook my head.

"I'm still asleep," I said and I could tell he was rolling his eyes.

"I'm coming in," Luke yelled as he barged the door open. He was wearing basically the same the same thing as yesterday, but this time, no beanie. "I figured I should wake you up and tell you that my friends are coming over." Great.

I didn't say anything, I just sighed and then flopped back down onto my pillows. I opened my eyes to see Luke walk over and sit at the end of my bed, crossing his legs over one another, like an Indian. I snuggled into the blanket and pulled it all the way up my face so that only my eyes where visible.

"Are they nice?" I asked eventually and he smiled, quickly nodding his head.

"They're really great, and they're so chill," he said and I nodded. "You have nothing to worry about, they are really excited to meet you."

"It's too early," I mumbled and Luke nodded.

"I didn't want to get up either but then Calum called he told me they where going to be here soon," he said and I sighed.

"Why are they up so early?" I groaned pulling the blanket closer to my body.

"They're excited to see you," Luke said and I laughed, blushing a little bit.

"I guess that means I should probably get up too," I said although I didn't make an attempt to move. I hated winter mornings. I mean, getting out of bed is hard anyway, the cold just makes it ten times worse.

"Probably," he said smiling. Again neither of us moved, the cool air was way too uninviting.

"How much do your friends know about me?" I asked eventually. Slowly sitting up but keeping the blanket fully wrapped around me.

"What do you mean?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"I mean, do they know enough to think I'm a weirdo," I said shrugging.

"Your not a weirdo Skylar," Luke said rolling his eyes. "What makes you think your a weirdo?"

"I don't know," I mumbled. "Everything," I finished and Luke sighed.

"Foster care doesn't make you a weirdo," Luke said, I'm going to have to get used to the fact that he can literally read my mind. "They don't really know anything, but they aren't going to care."

"Ok," I said. I guess I was less worried now, but there was still a part of me that felt like I was a weirdo. They aren't going to like me, nobody usually does. I was lucky Luke had no choice, otherwise I would be completely alone.

"Just get changed and come down," he said standing up and leaving the room.

"Alright," I mumbled even through he was already gone.

-

"Thank god your here!" A boy screeched as he ran to me and threw his arms around me. I laughed and hesitantly put my arms around him. "I swear, we've heard too much about Luke's little sister."

"She's my cousin," Luke groaned rolling his eyes.

"That's not what your mum says Luke," the boy said as he finally let go of me.