Chapter 6

We picked up the little clothing we needed and headed back to the hotel, I also picked up a few things to eat in case we got hungry. My mind was still pretty stired from the events of the day, but at least everything had calmed down a bit.

      Mary and Itsuki were both silent as we all walked. They were most likely just as confused as me. It all happened so fast, too fast. Just a few hours ago I was in class simply wanting to belive Yumeko just wasn't feeling like herself these past few days, or that her parents had been working overtime and leaving her home alone more often. But nothing in or out of this world could have prepared me for the events of the day.

     Once we reached we hotel, Yumeko had been ashamed of everything that happened today. We reassured her that it wasn't her fault, and that it was okay, that we wouldn't rush her to speak. We all just sat together, like if we were all just at school eating lunch. Just that the dark wooden table had been replaced by the hotels carpet flooring, the noise of the other students had been replaced by the distant noise of a movie which we weren't really paying attention to, and the nice private school lunch had been replaced by cups of instant ramen. We chatted, like if everything that happened that evening was just an illusion. But all of us knew deep down that the unspoken questions would have to be answered.

Eventually. But not now. Not tonight.

   Right now all that mattered was that we were all together. That we were all close, that we were all there for Yumeko.

    Lights off, curtains wide open letting in the small amount of light from the stores in from of the hotel. From time to time a car drove through the deserted street makeing a small amount of noise. Everything felt so peaceful, so safe, so comforting. But like all good things do eventually, the night came to an end and we all set up a sleeping arrangement. We finished the short bit of the movie that was left and headed to bed. Without a care in the world.