The Truths

So you're really him, you're Spider-Man?" Kate asks Peter as they hang atop the rooftop of the arcade, Peter nodding his head yes and Kate grins at him.

"You're amazing you know that? Despite everything you must've gone through you helped so many people in this city. But why did you tell me who you really are?"

"Friends shouldn't lie to one another I learned that the hard way these past couple of years." Peter confesses, fidgeting with his hands thinking back to his past traumas cause of his hero identity.

"I wouldn't blame you wanting to keep that a secret, past several years I've been going around fighting crime and insane villains under a disguise myself."

"I got people to look after, I can't risk their safety when I know I got enemies out there who'd try to take advantage of them any chance they'd get."

"Trust me if that's the case I'd be glad to give them offer them a good catering of knuckle sandwiches then Peter."

The two smile at each other, looking down to see a old mustached man in shades looking up at them.

"Hey, you two kids aren't supposed to be up there!"

"Sorry!" Peter calls out.

The two ride their way towards Coney Island as Peter pedals his way through traffic and pedestrians, Kate holding him from behind asking him various questions about being Spider-Man.

"So how do you swing around the city, is it like a cool web shooting device or does it come outta you?" Kate asks, cringing at the last question making her wonder if it comes outta other areas of his body.

"Device, absolutely 100% device otherwise I don't know how I'd feel about myself daily knowing I can make webbing from my body!" Peter immediately answers, Kate giggling at his response and leans her curly head against his back.

"What about you? I mean being able to phase yourself and anything sounds very convenient in many situations."

"It definitely has it's perks, technically speaking I could defeat many people with my abilities."

"Wow talk about being all-powerful."

"No I'm not all powerful," Kate laughs. "I've just been taught well by Xavier and his team that's all. Powers are muscles and you just gotta develop them."

"Oh yeah definitely, had my fair share of experience."

"Really?" How'd that go?"

"Uh..."

Spider-Man sinking into Sandman's pile of sand in a construction site

Spider-Man getting knocked outta the sky by The Vulture in their first encounter

Spider-Man getting knocked out by Mysterio's gas in front of a party

Spider-Man getting run over by a speeding police cruiser while swinging around

Spider-Man getting clawed by The Lizard like a aggressive cat in the sewers