A Failed World

He had failed.

Percy looked at the ruins of Camp Half-Blood around him, falling to his knees as the Monsters closed in, over the bodies of his friends and allies. "Come on Seaweed brain, we're not done yet," Annabeth said angrily as she stood next to him, but the shaking of her body betrayed her. 

He had been so foolish, to think that he would get to have a normal life. It had been a year since they had battled her, and he had thought they had won. 

He had been wrong.

Terribly so. 

It had been mere days since the War between Gaea the Primordial of the Earth, Tartarus the Primordial of the Pit, and Nyx the Primordial of the Night, had begun. Within days Demigods had been slaughtered left and right, cities had fallen, and lives were lost. But now here they were, the last remains of both the Roman and Greek camps closed together, ironically enough only those that had helped in the last war were still alive, the Seven, Nico, the Hunters, Chiron and Grover. 

"Fools, for to think that you could kill a Primordial God, is but a fantasy. We are unkillable, you merely bought yourself a brief rest." Percy's head shot up as the earth before him pilled up, creating dirt face herself, Gaea.

" Percy's head shot up as the earth before him pilled up, creating dirt face herself, Gaea

She didn't look like before, but it was without doubt her. As she approached, two more beings became apparent. One born from a column of darkness, and another from a column of flame. These were Nyx and Tartarus.

 These were Nyx and Tartarus

Tartarus laughed, "The pure despair on your faces when we destroyed your cities, was delightful

Tartarus laughed, "The pure despair on your faces when we destroyed your cities, was delightful." Nyx nodded, "No more lying Tourists visiting me" Gaea rolled her eyes, and looked at the last remnants of the 2 camps, "After we are done with you, we will destroy the Olympic gods, and dethrone that bastard thunder god who usurped my children."

Percy wasn't usually smart, nor was he prone to sudden moments of inspiration, but the idea that went through Percy's head, more than made up for them.

Standing up, Percy looked at Gaea, an unwavering gaze of resilience on his face, one that unnerved even her, as it was the look of someone with a plan. 

"A Primordial can't be Killed? thanks, that's good to know" He said, Jason turned to look at him, "Percy?" Turning to look at his friends Percy smiled, "I'm sorry, but this may be our only chance" then Percy turned to Annabeth, and his smile grew sorrowful, "Goodbye" he said simply, before turning and running, "Percy?!" Annabeth shouted in confusion as Percy charged through the monsters, away from the Primordials. Deep booming laughter emanated from Tartarus, "So the Great Hero runs like the coward he is" Gaea's taunt was next, "There is nowhere on earth that you can hide from us, I am the ground beneath your feet!" As Percy hacked left and right, killing Monster after Monster he clenched his jaw, "That's what you think" He muttered, as he reached his destination. 

The Lake. 

As his feet dipped in its waters, Percy turned to look back at his friends, who all had looks of confusion and betrayal on their faces. "The Water will not save you," Nyx said walking towards his friends, all monsters that dared be in her way being engulfed in her darkness. Percy smirked, "I guess you Primordials didn't account for something" Stepping back, Percy turned and lept into the murky depths of the Lake of Camp-Half Blood, swimming deeper and deeper passing panicking Water Nyrids as he did, until he finally reached the bottom of the lake. 

As his feet touched the Bottom, Percy took a deep breath, knowing it may be his last, silently he prayed to the Gods of every religion that this would work, even the ones he hated. Then, Closing his eyes, he reached into his pocket, taking out Riptide, and uncapped it.

Before driving it into his chest.

"AAAHH!!" Percy screamed in pain as the Blade tore through his flesh and blood like paper. He could feel the water trying to heal him, but he gritted his teeth, instead searching for something else, or rather someone else.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Back on the land above, Gaea laughed, seeing the dishearted faces of the pitiful warriors who had tried to defy her. "This is your fate, your punishment, accept it, for it is useless to resist," she said, reaching out her hand she lifted the earth around them, Tartarus and Nyx doing the same, Fire, Earth, and Darkness encasing the Heroes. "Die," Tartarus said, as they crushed the heroes.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Percy felt his life leaving him, ebbing as his blood pooled in the lake, then he felt a presence, powerful as it was ancient. Looking over he saw a man floating in the water. 

"Percy Jackson, Son of Poseidon

"Percy Jackson, Son of Poseidon." the man said his voice smooth yet powerful, and Percy's eyes widened, "Pontus?". Pontus nodded, "I see you have performed Primordial summoning, your loyalty is truly astounding" Percy frowned, and Pontus pointed up, "To your friends, not to me, I'm not like Gaea or Tartarus, I change with the times." then Pontus held up his hands, "Ouranos is protecting your friends for now, but he will not be able to hold the others off for much longer, so I must make this quick. There is a place that needs your help, this place will change you, change your perspective. But you will not be able to return here, do you accept?" Percy's mind was clouding, but he wasn't down yet. "It needs a hero, and only you or your friends meet the criteria. Do you accept, or will one of your friends take up the mantle?" hearing Pontus' words, Percy growled but nodded, and Pontus smiled sadly, "Do not worry Percy, the Primordials will visit you. You will not be alone."

A/N

And there we go! the first chapter of Demon Slayer: Breathing Water!

Now, I wrote this chapter to explain why Percy was forced to Demon Slayer. I also included Pontus and Ouranos and introduced Primordial summoning. 

Comment what you think will happen in the future!