PROLOGUE

it was a pointless argument that night, you both had gotten back from some activity long forgotten now. you both were only sixteen, with no sense of direction or even understandable morals.

maybe it was the underage drinking fault or maybe sober thoughts just came with drunken actions. maybe the feeling on his skin wasn't yours that night, and maybe just maybe he liked that.

the commotion of both your voices didn't wake anyone up as you and luke were home alone. with his mother and other family members away you both managed to convince your parents to let you both stay alone together.

the argument only grew louder and you were getting fed up, you couldn't sit here and argue with the love of your life this bad,

"LUKE I'LL LEAVE, THAT'S  WHAT YOU WANT ISN'T IT? SO YOU CAN INVITE SOME GIRLS OVER TO DIG YOUR TONGUE INTO HUH? I SHOULD'VE KNOWN YOUR LOVE WAS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!"

you voice now leaving further away from luke and towards his front door, trying to just leave because you didn't wanna face the embarrassment,

"IT WAS ONE TIME DESTINY, ONE FUCKING TIME! WHAT DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND IT WAS A MISTAKE, I'VE HAD TOO MUCH TO DRINK TONIGHT DEST PLEASE STAY..."

his voice drifted and danced while you both were playing a game of cat and mouse towards the door. the tears that strung down your face weren't too far behind, your skin already missing the warmth it once had because of him.

"NO LUKE I'M DONE, FUCK YOU AND FUCK THIS OKAY? I'M DONE WITH IT ALL, WITH EVERYTHING YOU HAVE TO SAY FOR YOURSELF! YOU THREW THESE THREE YEARS OUT THE WINDOW, WE HAVE BEEN TOGETHER SINCE THIRTEEN LUKE! HOW MANY OTHER TIMES HAS THIS HAPPENED, HUH?"

an uncomfortable silence now between the both of you, with the tears gliding down your brown skin and the clammy and flushed skin of luke's face you didn't know what to do. your breathing now uncontrollable, the fastened movement of your feet now chasing you out the door. luke not so far behind, trying to at least get his point across to you in his drunken state.

"LUKE STAY AWAY FROM ME, PLEASE! STAY OUT OF MY LIFE,"

your mouth worked faster than your mind, before you knew it you were yelling at luke from the middle of the road not even caring if there was ongoing traffic.

"AND HOW MANY MORE TIMES WOULD IT HAVE HAPPENED  IF I DIDN'T CATCH YOU TODAY HUH? YOU WANT TO GO AND MESS AROUND WITH OTHER GIRLS WHEN I'M THE ONE WAITING FOR YOU AND ROOTING FOR YOU EVERY DAY? BE MY FUCKING GUEST!"

luke was the love of your life, you never wanted this for you both. you wanted to grow old with him, no matter how young the both of you were now. but this broke your trust, how could he even think to do this to you, to his girl?

"dest get out the street please..."

"no hemmings i'd rather die here right now than EVER see your face again!"

"dest please we can talk this out safely just- just get out the street,"

"no hemmings, forget all about me like you did today! it'll be easier for you wouldn't it, you don't care about this relationship at all,"

"destiny i do, i swear i care about it just get over here please!"

luke begged you that day, why didn't you listen? why couldn't you let him be right about something for once, about the danger of the street?

"whatever luke i'm done, just fucking forget it."

it all happened so fast, no one saw the car coming in your direction hell, no one even heard the car.

"DESTINY WATCH OUT-"

a loud scream that could be heard all around the neighborhood came from your throat and soon fell silent. the car had hit you, clamming you against its front and flinging you to the ground. the car came to a stop as luke himself began to scream, out of fear he ran towards your body.

the person in the car got out and called the ambulance to ever try and make it possible for you to see another sunrise and sunset. and there luke sat over your body sobbing so loud neighbors started running out their house.

-

hello and welcome to NOT NINETEEN FOREVER, or in summary

a story surrounding a man and his ex-girlfriend who can't seem to remember him.

this book does follow a plot that includes :

- violence

- alcohol + drug use

- sexual interactions

and much more.

i hope you will grow to like and enjoy :

NOT NINETEEN FOREVER by ASHTONSCHLORINE

(aka me :D)

keep in mind this chapter is written from a flashback point of view,

don't worry it gets better.