rehearsal

Maybe going to my aunt's house today was a little bit of a bad idea, or maybe good, I can't decide. It just so happened that I was to come on the day of my cousin's rehearsal, but I couldn't sit around and only watch hers. I have to watch more than ten other performances, spanning from hip-hop dancers to tap dancers and even ballerinas. It's a little nerve-wracking, considering two people from my middle school are here dancing. To be honest, I was worried Madlen would recognise me in the tiny crowd. I'm writing this live as some tiny grade-schoolers are being their ballerina selves, I'm starting to regret my decision a little less, keyword little. It's entertaining, sitting in this dark and cold room and freezing my shoulders off writing my little anecdote. There's so much going on that I feel like I'm paying more attention than anything, even though I'm not staring directly at them. I can see their movements from the top of my vision.

It's the second hip-hop performance. I watch their movements and listen to the music playing. I connect every beat to every motion as if I was a professional evaluating their show. Tap dancers. Second group. This batch is just younglings, some are off beat, and they're all losing their hats. This is the most chaotic version of You Got a Friend in Me I've ever witnessed. There goes my aunt, swooning over their "cuteness" and "wholesomeness." I just saw a third person from my school. No way. Why are so many people I somewhat know here? Some of these little dance sessions are near perfect. It's graceful, entrancing, and a little charming. Maybe these people had dreams. Maybe a few of those dreamers are trying hard to achieve what they've thought of for so long. These tap dancers surely do show it. A performance that deserves my clap. Oh, it's my cousin. She's up now. Her little ballet leaps, her trying face. I would have never made it this far. I'm proud. I honestly didn't think I'd think much of these performances. 

She is a dreamer. Anne, she's a dreamer. She dreamt of becoming a ballerina, and she's been trying all her might to achieve her dreams. She's spent one and a half years devoting her weekends to dance. She's a dreamer, and she's dreaming her future into reality. I want to do that. I wanna be like her one day. Have her mindset, have her tenacity, and have a stable dream like hers. I don't want to become an engineer to meet my mother's expectations, I want to be a dreamer. Now that I've started thinking, I'm pretty sure one of my skills is being able to see and know things others can't. I can watch a performance and see the mind and effort put into their motions.