Chapter Twenty: The Stirling Castle

Harry kisses really well.

That's all Aaliyah can think about as Harry tilts his head down and kisses her more firmly, holding the back of her neck to stabilize her. She holds his wrist with both her hands, keeping up with his kisses the best she can, though she's aware it's probably clumsy and uncoordinated. He makes up for her lack of experience with his skilled mouth.

This is the first time in a very long time that there is nothing going on in her head besides the thought that Harry is a very excellent kisser. There are no lingering emotions about how she'll feel about Scotland and how she hopes nobody sees them and how she'll explain this all to her parents when they see right through her. It's all just Harry, Harry, Harry.

Harry sighs softly and pulls away, only to kiss across her jaw. Her fingers tighten immediately and she lets out a noise she can't even distinguish herself. He pulls away some more to look at her face for several seconds.

His face softens and his thumb gently brushes over her bottom lip, causing her breath to hitch."You've been quiet."

"Dinna like it, sir?"

"Hmm." He shrugs. "It's a bit worrying, if I'm honest."

"I thought you like it when I'm silent."

His eyes remain on her mouth. "Seems like I was wrong."

"I didna ken the mighty Mr. Styles could regret anything," she giggles, leaning into him.

Harry sneaks a look over his shoulder at the coachmen before leaning down again. "Seems like I'm also a changed man."

She continues to laugh into the kiss, and she feels his own smile growing against her mouth. It's so lovely. She's read all about this, but it's never been so enticing, so real until now. Her movements are still timid, this she knows herself.

She rests on his chest without her full weight, and her hands haven't yet strayed from their safe spot on his coat. She knows she's playing it safe and hopes he doesn't mind. From the way he doesn't stop smiling until she's breathless and pulling away, it seems like he doesn't mind at all.

The carriage continues for only an hour, which flies by so quickly, and when it lurches to a stop, Harry and Aaliyah are nearly thrown off the bench. He looks at her silently, making sure she's alright. She laughs, setting back onto the seat as Harry also does the same.

They look outside, both of them sighing in collective relief at the dark bricked tavern they're parked in front of. The coachmen don't move and Harry's hand absently clenches into fist, his knee suddenly bouncing with what she hopes is simply just anticipation as he waits for Faiz and Ruhina.

She says, "And to think they were a mere 10 miles from us the entire time."

Harry glances at her and nods. "10 minutes is all I need to pound that son of a bitch into porridge also."

"You willna really do that, right sir?"

"Depends how little he takes responsibility." He pauses. "Sit in front of me."

"Why?"

"Just do it."

She gives him a peculiar look and then gathers her skirts, shifting over to the other side of the carriage. She settles into the bench and gives his boot a little kick of her own, her eyes full of mischief. Harry nods approvingly, paying no mind to the kick until she gives him another one.

"What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing." She kicks him again.

Harry reaches down and swiftly grabs her ankle, placing it back on the floor. She shakes her foot until he lets go and doesn't kick him again.