22

- heizou pov -

heizou descended the mountain, holding a small piece of naku weed. the smell was a bit addicting, but he decided not to eat it.

he was planning to plant it and grow more, since he was sure theyd look nice in a bouquet of sorts.

he hummed thoughtfully, going over possible plants to add to a bouquet. not for y/n.. definitely not for y/n..

why would they even want it? theyd probably think he was handing them drugs.

heizou rolled his eyes as he came upon a small shrine on the mountain path. he glanced at it hesitantly, then pat the kitsune nearby on the head and left.

it didnt take heizou long to get back to the comforts of inazuma city.

"mr shikanoin!" a friendly voice called.

heizou cringed, turning around slowly to face the approaching blond, "uh.. thoma.." he muttered in fake cheerfulness.

thoma smiled gently at him, "have you seen y/n anywhere? i havent seen them for a while,"

heizou glared into the emerald eyes of thoma before scoffing, "i sent them out to run errands and collect things,"

thomas small smile dropped, "i thought you two were friends? why are you acting like theyre your errand runner..?"

heizou grimaced, placing a hand to his bead to calm down the oncoming headache that thoma was causing, "they didnt want to be friends."

thoma sighed, "do you want to talk about it?"

"not really."

"oh c'mon! ill make hotpot~" he cooed, leaning towards heizous short figure.

"fine! and step back, youre too close," be muttered, turning his head away.

thoma chuckled and grabbed heizous wrist, "to komore teahouse we go then~!"
_______________________________

"so, the way hotpot works is that we both put something in the hotpot, and"

heizou tuned thoma out as he looked at the table. he was sitting across from thoma, so he didnt have to sit right next to him.

when thoma was done explaining, heizou dropped one of the naku weeds leaves in, waiting for the game to start.

once thoma had dropped his item in, they both took turns eating the hotpot.

heizou looked at thoma with a bored expression, or maybe he was half asleep.
_______________________________

- thoma pov -

thoma had seen y/n recently. today, really.

he just wanted to know why y/n didnt go to heizou and instead went to where itto was when they were done talking to thoma.

thoma rested his chin on his hand as he watched heizou yawn, soon collapsing onto the table, cranberry hair shielding his face.

thoma sighed, sure heizou was asleep. thoma had put sleeping powder in the hotpot, and though heizou fell asleep easily, thoma had trained to build up a resistance to it.

thoma stood up and hooked his arms under heizous before carrying him bridal style. thoma checked to see if heizou was still asleep, then began his walk to the kamisato estate.

no, he was not kidnapping heizou, just temporarily removing him from inazuma city, and possibly even inazuma.

surely he would be fine in liyue? but heizou had never been there, so maybe it was truly a better idea to keep heizou in the kamisato estate.
_______________________________

- heizou pov -

heizous eyes fluttered open as the sunlight poured in through the window, and he groaned internally as he desperately tried to cover his face with the futon.

there was a knock on the door, and heizoh became confused. y/n was allowed to come in without him telling them they could enter.

the door opened, and in the doorway stood the stupid blond he disliked so much, "what the hell?"

thoma laughed, approaching heizou and squatting next to him, "before you get mad, mr. shikanoin, youre in the kamisato estates spare room."

"why?" he murmured, sunlight still piercing his eyeballs.

"well, i just want to know why you and y/n arent getting along, since, y'know, im their friend,"

heizou simply shrugged, pulling the futon completely over him to hide from the world, "i dunno, y/n just suddenly decided they didnt know me.

"wow," thoma rolled his eyes, "youre pathetic,"