Chapter 12

Laura had been watching him from the audience, a perk of her job was she had ring side seats to the show every week. She heard part of a conversation from some young women just in front of her.

"Perri's on next, he's so fit!"

"Oh my God that suit!"

Laura almost nodded in agreement, she pulled out her phone and zoomed in on him, snapping some pics for no one else eyes. She needed to have a picture of him a penguin suit. She suddenly felt brave. She opened up her Instagram and dm'd him the pic with a smiley face. She thought about a heart eyes emoji but she wasn't that brave. She had missed him over Christmas. Her sisters wanted the low down on him but in truth, she didn't have much to say. He was so busy there was no time to meet again. They smiled as they passed each other but between her early mornings and his late nights plus being tied up with his weekend show and dancing there was no chance.

She took in the whole routine, loving every second of the performance and standing up and clapping with everyone else. She could watch him dance that all day and never get bored. She really wanted to speak to him. As they spoke to the judges, she bit her lip in thought, she was staff, she was perfectly entitled to go backstage. Her mind made up, Laura took the backstage exit and headed to the training rink side to surprise him.

She watched them skate through the tunnel into the rink. She saw Vanessa jump into his arms. She tried to swallow down her jealousy, they were obviously going to be close. She saw Perri look in her direction so she gave him a small wave.

"Argh" Yelped Vanessa as she dropped to the floor and only just managed to stop herself crashing to the ice.

"Sorry!" Perri said, his hand flying to his mouth. Laura mirrored his reaction but she was attempting to stop herself laughing at Perri.

"I'm gonna get changed for the skate off" she huffed as she sped away, embarrassed.

Perri made sure she was out of sight before skating at full speed towards Laura. She stepped backwards as it looked like he wasn't going to stop. But he scraped the ice loudly, finishing just in front of her with both hands softly landing on the hand rails either side of her.

"Show off" she teased. Smiling appreciatively.

"What did you think of the routine?" He asked.

"You were really good." She admitted.

"I'll take that." he replied. "I've missed our lunch dates" he added.

"We've only had one."

"And whose fault is that?" he asked.

"I think it might be the one with the radio show, a dance company and a competition to win" She shot back. Perri put his hands up in surrender.

"Yeah you have a point" he laughed. He took her hand. "So can we do it again?" he asked. His face serious. Laura let her hand sit in his. It felt strong, it felt like it fitted.

"Ok." She replied, blushing from the contact. He smiled at her and reluctantly released her hand gliding slowly backwards.

"I need your mobile number" He pivoted on his toe pick and sped away towards wardrobe.

Laura took a moment to compose herself, looking at the hand that had just been held by him. She then pulled out her phone and tapped out her mobile number in another DM.