Chapter 10: Another Adventure

when we arrived, the restaurant was absolutely gorgeous with white marble ceilings and floors and handcrafted red drapes and beautiful chandeliers and mahogany chairs. We sat at our table and ordered our food but of course, I was nervous and sweating hard as Kayla began to look at me all concerned. She said "are you okay and I said yes" and she said "try again...and don't lie" and I decided now was the time to spill it". she looked at me and said "if you're uncomfortable, we can leave and I said "no... it's just" and she said" what". I said" Kayla I'm in love with you...every since that night we talked on the roof and after the last 2 weeks of seeing you care for me an Marco, I know that I'm sure I want to spend the rest of my life with you".

She looked at me at grinned from ear to ear and said "I knew you were in love with me...but if we're being honest, well I liked you a few months before all this mess...I mean you were grumpy but you were always sweet to me and polite and listened to me and genuinely cared about me and that's all I ever wanted". I smiled and said " I wasn't even trying, I just was being nice" and she smiled and said" well it won my heart...but you're proposing first". I grinned and said" got it covered" as I pulled out a ring box and got on my knees and said "Makayla Henderson...will you marry me. She squealed with happiness and began to cry and I got nervous because she wasn't giving me an answer. After she calmed down and the waiters brought her tissues, she looked down at me and said "I'm sorry Andrew...for the number of kids I'm about to give you". She screamed "yes Andrew I will marry you" as the other patron began to clap and the waiter brought our food and a free bottle of champagne to congratulate us.

After eating, we left the restaurant and sat out in the parking lot of our apartment, and just gazed at the stars while laying on the hood of the car. Kayla smiled at me and I grinned and said "what?" as she smiled and cupped my cheek and pulled me into a deep kiss. The kiss continued for quite a while until I took over and her hands and mine started sliding places and we decided we should continue this celebration at home. When we got home there was a cake and wine waiting on the counter and I poured a glass for us both as she kept gazing at me. I laughed and said "still can't believe it huh?" and she nodded her head no and I smiled and said "still speechless huh?" and she shook her head. I picked her up and carried her to bed and said "alright I think you've had enough excitement so rest". The next day I woke up and made me and Kayla breakfast when we finished eating we spent the rest of the day just relaxing and enjoying each other's company before picking Marco back up.

When he got back we called him into the living room as I showed him Kayla's ring before saying "meet your new mommy, Marco". He smiled,hugged me and said "I love her already" as Kayla smiled. The next few months were like clockwork after everyone stopped congratulating us but just after that excitement died down, we got another surprise. Kayla came in smiling with three tests she started crying saying looks like we're having a baby". and all I could do was smile and said: " onto another adventure...but together as I held her hand and kissed her".