Chapter 4

This chapter is not the quality I had hoped for.

"Hey! Is there anyone in there!?" I yelled as my fist made contact with the wooden door.

Raising my hand to pound into the door again suddenly it opened to show an older gentleman in black garments and a black cape draped over his shoulders.

"May I help you, young lord?" He raised his eyebrow as he leaned against the doorway, clearly annoyed with me.

"I have a friend who is deeply injured and needs a doctor! " He sighed before shutting the door in my face. I raised my hand to bang on the door again when it suddenly opened to real the older man with what looked like quite a heavy bag.

"Lead the way, young lord." I grabbed his arm and practically ran to the inn, dragging him behind me and up the stairs. He stumbled now and then, but we managed to make it in front of my room. 

I gently knocked on the door twice before unlocking it. He was almost in the same position I left him. He was lying on his side but instead, he had his head buried under the blanket with just his hair sticking out the top. 

Rushing over I pulled back the blanket to see his face slightly scrunched up in pain but at the same time relaxed as he was asleep. 

I brushed his hair back before gently laying a kiss on his forehead. "I brought the doctor for you. He's going to make you feel all better." He let out a small groan before letting his eyes flutter open. 

"Where're the boy's injuries? As far as I can tell he has none, but he looks ill." Carefully I maneuvered his body to face the middle of the bed before sliding the blanket below his lower body. 

"Great god..."His hand covered his mouth as he began to draw his sword. "You're lucky I haven't called the guards on you. This...this is unholy. Great gods how could you have done this." He held his blade against my neck, pressing ever so slightly to the point where if I moved, he would surely end my life. 

"He didn't do it." A quiet voice stated in the ever so silent bedroom. "He's the only one who's ever thought to help me. He's a nice man so please don't hurt him." The doctor sighed then withdrew his blade from my neck, placing it back in its sheath then placed black gloves on his hands. 

"Get me a fresh pale of water from the madam downstairs. I have clean rags in my bag so don't even think about sticking your filthy hands in it." I was beginning to become irritated but one look at the hurt blond told me to shut my mouth and do as I was told. 

..............

I hurried back into the room with the freshwater splashing back and forth in the largest bucket I could find.

"Calm down he'll be back soon." As I came into the room, I spotted my blond almost practically off of the bed with the covers pulled up to his chest staring in fear at the doctor who seemed to be trying to not scare him off of the bed to potentially worsen his injuries.

He must have heard the creak of the door because his eyes immediately darted to me and in one swift motion he lunged off of the bed.

He darted around the doctor who attempted to grab him and ran into my arms almost causing me to drop the bucket of water I was carrying. 

"Bad man! Bad man!" He shouted as he slowly began to sag in my arm. Trying to hold him up with one arm I set down the bucket of water and gently slid my arm under his butt and thighs then laid his head against my shoulder. 

"He's the doctor I brought for you. He won't hurt you, but he needs to look at your wound down there." He tensed but gave a small nod against my shoulder.