Chapter I: Usual Morning

Arthur's Point Of View- 

It's another usual morning for a Prince, I rise from my bed and wear my robe and went to the bathroom. I took a hot shower and gather all my thoughts from yesterday's provocation while the hot water running through my milky white skin.

After I had a hot shower, clothes were prepared at the edge of my huge bed. So I slowly wear them piece by piece until my outfit will be complete, and I went to the other room and the barber starts styling my hair. Minutes later, my hair is in it's everyday style I usually wear, then someone called me "Your Highness, breakfast is served downstairs, everyone is waiting for you" my butler said "No, I won't have breakfast with them, and tell them don't wait for me" I said "Okay, I'll inform them and I'll bring your breakfast right away" my butler said, bowed and left my bedroom.

I went to my balcony to get some fresh air, "This feels refreshing" I mumbled. "Your Highness, breakfast is served" my butler said and set down the food, and I thanked him and he left.

This is my breakfast every-time I eat in lonely spaces, cause I never experienced having breakfast with whole family. Since I was only nine yrs old that time, I'm not allowed to have breakfast with the whole family even go on gatherings, meeting, and family time.

After that outbreak, I was locked in a small room in this castle for one month. I was punished for bring a deadly virus in our island and wiped out a thousand of our people. So I was the family's burdened and a misfortune of the Galavaria Empire, but I accepted it because it was true.

My family says that I'm useless and a encumbrance and even my own father said to me "Why do you exist in my life and the lives of Gallenburg, you'll only bring misfortune and bad luck".

 I remember those words that came from my father's mouth, I'll never forget what he says about me. I guess the reality of this cruel is showing it's true self and I sighed remembering those cruel past I had.

 Ive been down-hearted to my family since the outbreak has already happened a decade ago. Look like, my existence doesn't belong in this cruel world. 

 People keeps telling me that life goes on. But, to me, that's the saddest part, but my Older brother said this to me "I know a lot of things have been on your heart lately, and I also know that you are not a burden because of them".

 Thanks to my Older brother's comfort words, I'm able to stand‐up. I'm lucky to have as my Older brother like him."Your highness, here's your today's schedule" my butler said "There will be a family party, what do you mean by it?" I asked "It's actually like all the family and all relatives having a bonding, but in your mother's side and your father's side and lastly your sister-law's family" my butler said.
"I'll not attend, please inform them" I directly said it "But Your Highness, His Majesty Philip wants you to show-up at tonight's party", "Sorry, I might be busy tonight with the books I need to study" I said while gripping my left hand "Okay, Your Highness" my butler said and left. "Good Morning, Your Highness" Oliver, the Head Guard Of the Palace "Good Morning too, Oliver" I greeted at him "Ready for today's training?" Oliver asked "Yep, let's go" I said and grab my heavy leather shoulder bag, And we exited my bedroom and went the training area.

 -Philip's Point of View- 

"Did you invite everyone, including my family?" Alia asked "Yep, I checked the list yesterday. Your family informed me that they'll be here before the sun sets" I answered "I'm excited for tonight, I hope everyone will get along" she said "I hope too" I said.

 Then someone knocked at my door and 'Arthur's personal butler show-up, "Sorry to disturbed you both, I'm here to inform that he'll not attend for tonight's party" He said "What he's reason for not attending tonight?" I asked. 

"He said that he might busy with his books" he said "Okay, thank you for informing me" I thank him and he bowed to us and left the room. 

I sighed in frustration, how I'm gonna convince him to attend tonight's party. "I guess, parties isn't his thing" Alia said "Yes, he doesn't like parties and I need to convince him right away" I said and get-up from my chair and called his personal butler "Where is he now?" I asked "At the training area, Your Majesty" he answered and quickly went there.

 -Arthur's Point of View-

Fencing became my everyday sport to do, at an early age, I was educate to do fencing by my father. At first, this could be tedious and monotonous. But, once I learn and attempt do it. I was amazed and astonish by this sport. 

When it's time to have lessons on fencing, I became thrilled and electrified. The reason why I like this sport so much, I improved my focus, and the stress that I been struggling to fix it, we're finally free and released.

 That's rare for a kid having stress at the young age. But, fencing is something that I can relived my stress, and it's like a toy that I play everyday, and I became obsessive when it comes to this sport.

 Suddenly, someone exclaim my name "Arthur!" Is my brother calling me? I ask myself, it's my first time Philip exclaim my name, instead of 'brother'. 

"Excuse me, can I have a word with Arthur?" he said "You can, Your Majesty" Oliver said make a way for him "What do you want?" I asked him, he was about to talk but I interrupt "Is this about the party, I already informed my butler" I said "I know, can you attend tonight. Everyone will be there and I might feel guilty that my little brother is not here by my side" he begged me "You know the reason, I don't like parties" I said while my head down and my hand formed into fist.

"I know, but can you please attend tonight and it's a favor" he begged me again "I'm sorry, I won't be doing your favor" I said and lift my head to it's proper position. Then I left him unattended, my head is replaying my past cruel memories. I don't like being pushed into things that I don't want do.

After, a long exhausted day. I guess let's change some decent clothes, I hate the noise of parties and leave the palace until the clock strikes at 11.I quietly sneaked out the palace, and went the place where I call it 'special'. 

Then, I saw a girl who's same age as me and the fire files showed up, and showed it's yellowish-orange lights in their tiny bodies.I guess, she was holding the firefly into her hands. Then there, she turned her head to face to me. My eyes grew wide, it's like I seen a goddess, I never seen this kind of woman who's this beautiful. 

But then, when she saw me, she quickly covered her face with a silky scarf and ran away, suddenly she left her ornament, and I just put inside of my leather bag. I grabbed my book to read it under the tree. Let see, what page am I and I found the page and start focusing at the book. 

 After a long hours, the clock finally strikes at 11. I guess I need to go back to the castle and I put the book inside of my bag and hurried back to the castle. Look like, the party is over and guest are slowly leaving the castle, and I sneakily entered the main back door of castle.

But however, my butler saw me and he was gonna say something and I managed him to keep his mouth shut. And he quietly made a way for me, "Thank you" I said and immediately rushed in my room. 

 I helpless laid down on my bed, and something pop-out of my mind "The ornament" I mutter and get the ornament from my bag. I was looking at it, like it reminded me of the girl I saw earlier, then my lips formed into a smile.

 All of the sudden, a knock came from door and so I quickly put the ornament back in my bag, and the door opened. Revealing a girl standing in-front of the opened door, "Good evening, Your Highness" she said bowed to me.

 Is she Alia 's sister?, so I bowed back to show some respect, then my brother and Alia showed up. "Good evening, Arthur and this is Alia 's sister 'Persephone'" he said and I bowed again to her and said "Good evening, Your Highness Persephone". "Oh, we just did it a while ago" she said smiled at me. "Arthur, would you mind giving her tour around the palace tomorrow morning?" Alia said and I just nodded at her.

 And they both left except for Persephone. "Aren't you gonna sleep?" I asked her "I was going to, goodnight see you tomorrow" she said "Goodnight" I said in my usual cold tone. She bowed and left my chamber. I went to change into bedtime clothes and helpless laid down and fall into a deep sleep.