004 | the body

STRANGER THINGS | WHAT'S THATseason one - episode four" the body "

season one - episode four
" the body "

— ~ — ~ — ~ — ~ — ~ — ~ —

after the new information last night, alexis decided it was best for both of them if she stayed over that night. at around one, robert came home, wondering why the girl was still there, and why they were both still awake. he had walked in on two with crossed legs, hugged knees, staring art the dark wall as they sat on the couch in silence.

robert let alexis stay over for the night and in the morning, made sure that they were okay, before going off to work, once again.

so alexis took it upon herself to call the school as her own mother and said that the two girls weren't going to be at school for the day. that morning, alexis had gone to make breakfast and realized molly had, quite literally, nothing in her fridge. so she took it upon herself to go get a few things so molly would have a decent meal to wake up to.

when she arrived back, she realized the girl was already awake and was sitting on her sofa, hugging herself as she stared out the window.

"they're going crazy." she said.

"what?" molly asked, turning her head to her friend.

"jonathan and joyce. i passed them on the way back from the grocery store." alexis said, setting down the two brown bags. "they were yelling at each other, saying things like 'the body wasn't real' and that he was 'in the lights.'"

"in the lights?" Molly said confused, turning back outside.

"yeah, at least, that's what jonathan threw at her. he yelled at her like she was insane. says she doesn't wanna accept the funeral. i don't blame her, if i'm honest." alexis looked up from cutting a few vegetables and saw a tear or two roll down the girl's face. "hey, hey. no, you agreed." alexis set down the knife and walked over to her friend. she rubbed her back as she sat down in front of her.

"i know." molly looked at her bunched up knees and sighed, wiping her face aggressively. "i just-"

"i know." alexis hugged her swiftly before pulling away and standing up, dusting off her pants.

"now, who wants a homemade omelet?"

453 words

sooooooooooooooo this was an extremely short chapter HOWEVER the previous chapters i've have been writing were quite long. plus, when re-watching this episode, i realized that there wasn't really a spot for molly and i didn't wanna skip or combine an episode(/s) so i just left this here.

kk ily byeeeeeeeeee