PrideFest at Greg's Shred

( originally published: june 13th, 2022 )

*taps microphone* iS tHiS tHiNg oN? aEhaHh. *demibisexual panic* yEs, i'M hErE aNd qUeEr *holds up pride flags* 

yes, i'm still doing this every june 13th for the third time around 🏳️‍🌈

i just want to wish my fellow queerfolk + allies a very happy pride month !!

i'm soso grateful for the fact that everyone has been supportive of my own queerness. it means the world to me, ily guys sm 🥺🥺

incase you don't know bi now, i'm not actually straight. i never was lmao, but i'm guessing most of you guys from my first account were under the impression that i was. sorry about that? i did clarify last year that i was unlabeled, so maybe i shouldn't be apologizing here.

1 year later and i have figured it out and accepted it !! a year ago i was still in denial?? i mean, idk. it's all a blur. i just used to want to be hetero so bad. fuck that. girls exist 💖

truth is, i sort of questioned it time to time throughout the span of 2020 to mid 2021, until i finally came to terms of being biromantic :3

honestly, there are still days i feel the pressure to be 'straight' or 'lesbian'. you know, the whole 'choose a side' bullshit. i'm bi, i ain' t choosing a fucking side. respect that, or don't. see if i care *middle finger*

THIS IS MY FIRST PRIDE MONTH IN WHICH I ACTUALLY CONSIDER MYSELF A MEMBER OF THE LGBQT+ COMMUNITY, SO OFC I'M ELATED ABOUT IT 🏳️‍🌈

last year i also wasn't 100% sure whether demisexuality was a part of lgbqt+ and valid, so i REALLY wanted to join in the celebration and showcase my own pride, but i felt like my unlabeled demisexual ass was going to receive hate for it-

i guess it's okay now though. fuck this, i'm a bad liar. NO, IT'S NOT OKAY! i regret not joining in the pride fest and feel DemiPride, possibly bi, last year and i swear, this is going to follow me to my grave.

i came out ( only online ofc ) first to my hn friend audrie in july, and eventually to the rest of my friends/followers on wattpad the same month. it sucks bc i missed the entire pride month :(

ever since then, i patiently waited for pride 2022 AND IT'S FINALLY HERE !! 13 days in <3

it's so weird tho bc i want to be able to celebrate, out of the closet, but i obviously can't yk. this reminds me of the time there was an lgbqt+ flag outside of the library and i wanted to sway it into the air, but there was a woman behind me so i didn't.

i couldn't have someone thinking i was queer, because i'M ToTaLLy nOt. THEN I WENT AHEAD AND GLEEFULLY SWAYED IT ONCE SHE LEFT :p

enough about me tho, let's speak about pride in general. so *clears throat* thanks to the greg's shred foundation, i'm able to be up here today and give such a gay speech. THANK YOU GREG !! *aroace crickets*

it's difficult for us queerfolk to survive in this fucked up heteronormative, cisnormative ( is that a word?), allonormative ( frr, is this actually a word too?) world, when all we truly all we want is to come out of the closet and shout 'i'm *insert your romantic, sexual orientation and/or gender*

this literally sucks, because somewhere out there, a trans person is being disrespected and not being referred to their preferred pronouns. or, somewhere out there someone gay/lesbian is being forced into heteronormative expectations, when that's not who they are, yet it's not understood by their loved ones.

somewhere out there, aroace people and anyone in the aro/ace spectrum is being invalidated and told their orientation doesn't even exist. somewhere out there, bi/pan/omni etc. people are being told that it isn't right to be attracted to more than one gender.