Chapter Ten

The truth is, some confessions are like Dohyun and Taejun's. They're silent and felt, not spoken, yet understood.

Beomgyu was kind of a hopeless romantic when he gave Soobin the warmest smile he could muster and expected a jump cut to a dating sequence with lots of kissing. He should have known better than to pretend like his reality was anywhere near Dohyun's life; Soobin didn't even offer him a ride this morning. Instead of a warm greeting and maybe soft hugs, Beomgyu was welcomed with a busy set and an occupied Soobin. (At least he bought Beomgyu coffee.)

The first episode was aired with his trembling hands and cold feet. It followed dozens of phone calls and more schedules—he was once again chasing time. He becomes tired of Yeonjun's face with every public appearance or every show they guest in to officially promote.

Soobin was right; it's busier now that the first episode is out. They barely saw each other outside of filming, and what's worse was Soobin's growing popularity.

Oh, wow, headlines about how handsome and talented Choi Soobin is—Beomgyu rolls his eyes every time. Articles have pictures of Soobin from the street, candid. Beomgyu thinks that they were meant to be paid to see.

The attention was almost overwhelming. It's like a harsh thunder that shook the ground.

It took Beomgyu a lot not to post a picture of him smooching Soobin's cheeks just to tell people to back off. ("You're so dramatic." "Soobin, they're calling you 'daddy'!")

Well, yeah.

On the other hand, Yeonjun was doing great. "Should I go for the tie or the ribbon?" He asked once when they were getting ready for a show. The formal get-up was not exactly asked, but Yeonjun always dressed his best.

"The tie looks more sophisticated," Beomgyu said. "To be honest, nobody cares, hyung. Let's just go."

He's a lover of fame.

Soobin on the other hand, declines as much exposure as offered that were out of his comfort zone. Interviews were up his alley, but unnecessary shows, he sent the cast instead—nobody comes home unsatisfied and no chances of promotion are missed.

"Soobinie," Beomgyu calls endearingly, doing so without noticing. When Soobin looks back with wide eyes and a hum, he smiles. "People are criticizing the strong language in the first EP."

The director rolls his eyes. He toyed with the binded script on his office desk. "I was literally walking downtown last night and heard teenagers cursing their asses out," He huffed, quite adorably. "I hope they can hold still for two more episodes though. Dohyun and Taejun didn't stop flipping each other off until episode three."

"Maybe if they read the book, they won't be so shocked."

"Gyu, it literally took you months just to read the whole thing."

"I still read it."

"Sure."

Beomgyu scoffed. "You're growing more and more annoying, do you know that? I stopped by to take you out for lunch and this is how you treat me."

It drew a smile on Soobin's lips, showing the spots on either side. Beomgyu couldn't help but look at them long enough before eventually looking away. "We're going out?"

"Yeah, because you don't have a single romantic bone in your body," Beomgyu retorts with a masked irritated look. It completely melts to the heartwarming sound of Soobin's chuckles.

"Sorry. Busy week."

"Just say you don't like me and go."

The tiny giggles now bursted into fits of laughter. Soobin can't tell if Beomgyu was genuine or not, but his reddened ears made him think that maybe the actor has been waiting for one thing all this time. "I'm eating lunch with you, dummy."