Chapter Eight

Beomgyu gulped a bottle of water down his system.

He totally forgot how tiring it is to keep up with a packed schedule when he's been vacant for so long. He could only imagine once promotions took off, full on. Maybe he'll listen to Kai's advice and stop biting more than he could chew.

"You know, we're heading straight to taping, right?"

"I'm not passing out, Kai. Don't underestimate me," Beomgyu chided, but he understood Kai's sentiments right. Just earlier, they squabble about the sun being too hot for running around the city, and it ends with Kai keeping the actor hydrated with worry in his eyes.

This was his fourth water bottle for the day, and he immediately excused himself to the restroom when they arrived on set. At least he knows his body is doing everything correctly despite his busy routine.

Yeonjun greets him enthusiastically when they meet for the first time today, clearly not tired of Beomgyu's face, but he will eventually. "I got the last script, did you read yours?"

"The last script already?" The months that passed don't feel real. It's like he just butchered every single thing about the show yesterday, and now a tug in his heart was felt when he realized that it's ending as quick as it started.

"Uh-huh. It has been so great working with you, Beom."

Beomgyu couldn't contain a smile. "You, too, hyung. I hope this won't be the last."

"Next thing you know, we'll be making cameos in each other's drama!"

"I hope so."

Yeonjun falters. "Why do you look so down?"

"Just tired, hyung. It's a busy day," Beomgyu answered truthfully, contrary to Yeonjun's speculations.

He was on the road from six in the morning, and now he's here getting his makeup done hours later. If anyone is a credible source of information, his schedule can vouch for the fact that taping ends after sundown. Rest is now scarce, but he sleeps as much as he can.

Beomgyu likes chasing time. He enjoys being busy and having so much to do that it doesn't give him enough time to think. It's easier when his mind is blank and all he has to worry about are the lines he'll have to say as the cameras film his picturesque face.

Yeonjun doesn't prod further, despite the inkling feeling. If Beomgyu was—again—feeling the pressure and the fear, he hopes that the other would tell him wholeheartedly.

The world keeps spinning and soon, Taejun is leading Dohyun to the dance floor with his eyes closed.

They stand so close when the music starts, and Taejun muffled a laugh when his lover became clumsy on his feet. "Dancing like this feels like a dream," Dohyun whispered, words only meant to fall on specific ears. "I feel the clouds on my feet."

"Are you sure you're not just stepping on mine?"

"Baby, I can literally feel you leading me fine."

Taejun leans closer. Somehow, he always knows where Dohyun is. "That's right."

"Hm?" Dohyun hummed, waiting for more.

"Just feel me."

It's the easiest thing he has ever done.

Dohyun reached out for Taejun's shoulder and began learning the way their feet moved perfectly. They continue to whisper sweet nothings in each other's ears with fumbling lips landing on soft skin and- "Cut!"

Soobin's voice completely takes Beomgyu and Yeonjun out of the space.

________________