I Bind You From Doing Harm

Dean left the others and went back to the common area where Pepper and the kids were playing with the boys. Rather than allow himself to think about everything that had happened, he threw himself headfirst into his boys. Pepper and the kids left to give him time alone with Modi and Magni. Both of them were wide awake and in cheerful moods and he tapped into that happiness to temper his somber mood. So many thoughts and emotions were flooding him before he went to them and all he wanted was to set all of that aside.

"I met both of you in the other universe," he said as he held both boys and looked at them. "You were both so brave and strong. And so very handsome. And kind. You were as perfect to me then as you are now."

Magni flailed his little fists and Modi simply stared up at Dean with a spellbound expression.

"Is this a private party?" Kyle asked when he walked into the room.

Dean smiled. "Not at all. Have a baby."

Kyle picked up Modi and sat down on the sofa across from Dean. "That was pretty intense in there."

"Yeah, that's putting it lightly."

"For what it's worth, I don't think Thor is going to leave you."

Dean stared down into Magni's face. "Was I that transparent?"

"A little."

"I hurt him," Dean sighed. "I know I did. I scared him. I hate that I did that to him."

"I think he loves you more than any of those emotions. You can tell from the way he looks at you, even when he's mad."

Dean knew Kyle was right. Thor's words, emotions and actions were always forthright. He never had to wonder where Thor's heart was because deception wasn't in Thor's nature. He was his rock. He should be giving that to his husband in return. His actions, no matter how justified he felt in them, felt wrong in the face of what they had done.

And the boys. They deserved so much better than what he had done. What would have happened if he'd been killed? He stared at Magni, then looked over at Modi and couldn't bear to leave them.

"How upset is Steve?" Dean asked, wishing for a change of subject.

"He keeps looking at me like he's disappointed. When things settle down he's going to have to teach me how to give that look to my students."

"You mean you haven't mastered the stern teacher face?" Dean asked with a grin.

"I thought I had until I saw the stern super soldier face," Kyle said with a laugh. "Which is equal part sexy and intimidating. I don't know whether to cower in the corner or sit on his lap when he looks at me like that."

Dean grinned in spite of himself. "Yeah. When Thor threw me over his shoulder and put that bass in his voice it definitely gave me conflicting feelings too."

"I was just about to say that. He gave you that deep daddy voice. I think you and I are both in for some epic makeup sex. At some point."

"Eventually," Dean replied.

"So, what Wanda said about you being in the Darkhold," Kyle ventured.

Dean shook his head. "I don't even want to think about it. I know I should, but I'm honestly so tired of all these revelations. 'Hey Dean, you're not actually an ordinary person- you're an inhuman prince with super powers. Oh, and you're also the only one who can use all seven Infinity Stones to save the universe. Oh, and by the way, you can get pregnant even though you're a dude. And, you're also somehow worthy of holding Mjolnir. And if that weren't enough, you're also connected to some mythical entity called the Caladrius.'" He let out a frustrated sigh. "I'm fucking tired of all these revelations. I just want to stand still for a while. Be a husband, father and Avenger without yet another surprising and formerly unknown detail revealing itself."