I'll Get You, My Pretty

"It a good thing Steve and Thor used the Bifrost and left the jet behind," Kyle said.

"Yeah."

"They're not going to...you know...magic blast the Quinjet out of the sky when we get to Kamar-Taj, are they?" Kyle asked as he sat in the copilot seat, dressed in his X-Men uniform. The short-sleeved, navy blue bodysuit was embellished by a golden X on his right chest and had the same gold running in strips up the sides of the uniform. "Because I could probably survive that kind of thing but I'd really like to know so I can be prepared."

Ordinarily Dean would have laughed, but tension had worked itself into his core where it began to spread like a virus. "What am I doing, Kyle? My husband is going to be so mad. He's only ever been mad at me, like, a handful of times."

"Yeah? For what?"

"One time I lied to him about being sick so he wouldn't worry. I went to get checked out and found out I was pregnant. He showed up and was really upset that I didn't tell him sooner," Dean quickly recounted. "Then there was this one time when I finished an entire season of American Horror Story without him and he caught me in a lie about it."

"I'm sensing the truth is very important to him."

Dean nodded. "Yep."

Silence slipped over the cockpit and Kyle looked over and smiled. "You're uniform is cute. That the one Medusa and Blackagar gave you?" He asked in an attempt to take Dean's mind off of his worries.

Dean looked down at the shimmery, sleeveless body suit. Silver from the boots up to the bottom of the ribs, it shifted to gold in an ombré effect. The v neckline plunged slightly, and lightweight shoulder guards lent the top of the uniform a regal and tapered quality. "Oh, thanks," he said.

"Arrival imminent," the AI announced.

Dean and Kyle stared at the beautiful expanse of forestry and the elaborate buildings that made up the city of Kamar-Taj. Dean took note that it wasn't sundown yet as he slowed the jet down and brought it down to the patch of grass just outside of the city's perimeter.

"Well, no one shot at us," Dean said as he popped the hatch open and he and Kyle stepped out. "I'd say that's a good start."

"Does Thor know you're here?" Strange asked as he stepped out of portal in front of them.

"Yeah, totally, of course," Kyle said with a forced laugh.

Strange lifted an eyebrow and looked at Dean.

"He has no idea," Dean said with a tight smile.

Strange rolled his eyes. "Of course not. Well, come on in. The more muscle the better."

Dean and Kyle followed Strange through the portal and into the city as Wong was briefing several sorcerers on the situation.

"Wanda is no longer here. She has been using Darkhold and it has ensnared her. She is now the Scarlet Witch- a dangerous being said to be in possession of an unimaginable amount of magic. On a whim, she can rewrite reality. She's prophesied to either rule, or annihilate the cosmos."

"She took over a whole town using her mind," Strange went on. "And if she gets America's power, there's no limit to what she'd be capable of or the danger she would pose to the Multiverse."

"And you told her exactly where I am?" America asked. "When you assumed she could help me and found out she actually wants to kill me?"

Strange shook his head. "America...not now."

While Wong went over defensive strategies with everyone, Strange addressed Dean. "Listen, I know you're trying to help your friend. And I know you have good intentions. But if things go south you two are to get the hell away from here. You've got two boys at home that need you. And a husband who will do everything in his power to tear me apart if a hair on your head is hurt."