twenty-eight.

2327 hours

Nolan kept running through the rocks as he made his way towards the cave wall. He'd either slow his pace ever-so-slightly when he was behind cover or sprint when he was out in the open.

He kept two of the sticks of dynamite hidden in his jacket, the third in hand. He knew the gunshots had ceased, but he wasn't sure why or how. Could it have been Andrea that managed to stop the gunfire? He couldn't be sure and didn't care to find out at that moment – he had other things to worry about.

Nolan eventually made it to the cave wall, sliding along the edge as he eventually found a crack. He shoved the stick of dynamite into it, making sure that it was secure before he moved to the other side of the cave.

He spun around and pulled out another stick, leaving the final one in his jacket. He passed by two rocks before he spotted it – the sniper rifle Abigail had been using. Only it was alone, she was nowhere in sight.

Nolan kicked it aside, letting it slide deeper into the cave and towards the golden pool. He kept running, going outward from the golden pool as he traversed through the cave. He grabbed onto one of the rocks, pulling himself up another level as he slid down it.

He ran a couple steps before tripping. His feet tangled between one another and he fell hard to the rock/dirt mixture. He slid slightly, dazed from the hard fall. He rubbed his head, shaking off the striking pain in his hands, head, and torso.

"What the hell did I trip on?" he asked himself, turning back. He let out a strangled gasp as he spotted it – Kita's bloodied corpse.

Nolan wasn't sure how to react in that moment. Of course, he'd studied all sorts of cultures and their rituals when it came to the dead. He'd just never seen a corpse in real life, let alone one of someone who probably only died fifteen minutes ago.

Kita's head was completely bashed in. Blood simply poured from their head, staining the ground with its crimson touch. Nolan's pant legs and shoes were soaked in the liquid, cause him to let out a shaky groan as he scooted away.

He quickly pulled himself to his feet, grabbed the stick of dynamite, and sprinted towards the wall. He knew that meant that there was no one currently shooting at him. He was just more worried about whoever mutilated Kita to that point. Sure, Kita wasn't a great person, but no one deserved that gruesome of a death.

Nolan practically slammed himself against the cave wall, quickly finding a crack as he shoved the dynamite into the spot. He pressed his back against the wall, his mind wandering back to Kita's corpse.

Abigail wouldn't have done that to her own teammate – she certainly wasn't a peach either, but she had great respect for every single member of her crew. Wendy wouldn't have done it either, she just wasn't the person to kill another unless it was the absolute last option. Besides, she was with Nolan when Kita was most likely killed.

That only left one other person in the entire cave.

"Oh you have got to be kidding me." He slapped his hand over his face, rubbing his temple before dragging his hand down.

He stopped when he looked back towards the entrance of the cave, watching as Marcos and Lucy began to rappel down. Wendy appeared to have noticed them as well, he could definitely tell she knew as Marcos slammed his foot into her face.

She tumbled twice midair before stopping herself. Rather than disappear into thin air, she appeared to crack her knuckles and prepare herself to fight them.

"What the hell is she doing?" Nolan questioned, running back towards where they were originally taking cover when they both first got down into the cave. "This just keeps getting worse."