Part four

"Ohh haha look what we have here." Mocked Hangman

Y/N, Rooster, Payback, Fanboy. Bob and Phoenix all looked up at Hangman.

Y/N was going to say something snarky, but Admiral Simpson was watching.

Y/N kept pushing up and down for what seemed like hours. Every time she went down she tried hard not to give up. Her muscles felt weaker and weaker each push up.

"123", "124, "125"

"Oh God" Y/N said. "Is there a problem Mitchell?" "Fuck" she thought. "No sir." Y/N glanced around and again, she met Rooster's glance. This time she decided to keep her eyes glued to his, asserting her dominance. "167", "168, "169" Y/N realized how beautiful his eyes were, They were glistening in fact. No matter how hard she tried she just couldn't pull her eyes off of his. "200." Everyone got up weak in the knees." After Rooster was far enough from everyone, Y/N caught his attention.

"You screwed us over." Barked Y/N "Do you know that?" "What?" Replied Rooster. "You slowed us down." "You owe me" said Y/N. Rooster glared at Y/N. "I don't owe you anything. Look, it's not my fault, im not always the bad guy. Stay out of me and your fathers business." Rooster walked off calmly.

Y/N had realized that he was right. All this time she thought that she had everything to do with Maverick and Rooster's disagreements. Rooster didn't have a choice. Y/N thought to her self "God that made me look stupid."

Y/N walked to the nearest bathroom to wash her face.

After everyone returned back to the base, they were all dismissed. "Hey Y/N are you alright you look a little pale?" Kindly asked Phoenix. "Yeah I'm fine it was all of those pushups." Said Y/N. "See you tomorrow." Y/N smiled and walked away

Y/N got home and rushed to ask her father something. "Dad, what happened between you and Rooster." Maverick exclaimed "It's nothing, just old business." "No, what happened." Y/N said "Do you really have to know?" Y/N nodded. "Well, his father was my wingman back in 86'. We were best friends to say the least." Maverick smiled. "When we were out at sea we were forced to eject. He, um" Maverick coughed. "He hit his head on his way out of the plane. He died." "Oh my God" said Y/N.

"Bradley's mother made me promise to never let him fly." "I pulled his papers and it sent him back six years." "He'll never forgive me." "Why didn't you tell him it was his mother?" Asked Y/N. "He resents me for it. Why should I make him resent his mother too."

Y/N sat down for a while after that. She felt sick to her stomach. She had finally realized what Rooster had gone through.