1

"And it's you again", Quackity sighed, "Didn't you bother me enough?"
"No, not quite yet", Will said, walking with him to the entrance of the needle, where security stopped him from entering.

"I got you something from the world", Will said, handed him over a little box, "Maybe it changes your opinion"
Quackity looked at him suspiciously.
"Will this kill me?", he asked, expecting an explosive with how he knew Will.

But Wilbur just chuckled, shook his head.
"No, I want you to see the worlds beauty, the ugly sides are something you and I both already know", he replied, then he nodded at the box, "Open it"

Quackity sighed, pushed the lid off and soon a necklace with a diamond star pendant was looking back at him. Surprised his lips parted. He didn't expect that.
He looked back up at Will, who said: "I saw that you're not wearing the gold necklace with the rings on it anymore, maybe that's your replacement"

It was rose gold and the diamond sparkled in the sun. "Are you serious?"
Will nodded. "I can help you put it on, if you want", he said and Quackity felt a weird feeling rising in his chest.
He fell quiet for a second, looked down at the necklace again.

Then he walked towards Will, held him the box with the necklace and turned around.
Will smiled, took it out of the box and carefully put it around Quackitys neck, closing the little clasp.

Where his fingers met Quackitys skin, they left a warm feeling that made Quackity shiver. "There you go", Will said finally and Quackity turned around again, saw Will smile at him. "The world gives us such pretty things.", he said and Quackity blushed, before he realized he meant the diamond.
"Yeah, I guess"

"Do you wanna go and see the world now?"
"No, I- I'd rather not. I have a nation to lead", Quackity said, falling back into his usual tone. He then walked back into the needle, left Will behind, getting a last glimpse of him, when he looked out the slowly closing elevator doors.

When he was back in his apartment, he spend way too much time in front of the mirror, looking at the necklace.
His fingers slowly ran over the thin rose gold chain, to the diamond pendant.

Suddenly someone knocked on the door.
He went to open it and was met by a huge flower bouquet. Charlie smiled and said: "Wilbur of L'Manburg send you these"

Quackity felt his ears and cheeks heat up, wings fluttering a little.
"Oh", he mumbled, taking them from Charlie, "Thank you" "No problem!", it came back and soon after Charlie walked back towards the elevator.

Quackity closed the door and quickly went to get a vase. While he placed the flowers in water, a note fell out of them.
He picked it up, unfolded it.

He pressed his lips into a line, picked on the corner of the piece of paper

Why did Wilbur care? Why did this attention make his head spin?

Quickly he put the note away in a drawer of his desk and walked onto his balcony.
This was where he was meant to be.
Las Nevadas. Looking over it as a leader.
He didn't need the world. It would only hurt him anyways, it always did.

Las Nevadas was a safe place, no pain, no love, no issues.
Only business, safety and power.
It was all Q needed. He didn't need the rest of the world anymore.

He took a deep breath, suddenly felt the chain of the necklace heavier on his skin, reminding him of Wills hands putting it on him so gently, he felt another shiver run over him.

He should take it off. Yes. Yes, he should just take it off, banish it from his mind.
Q reached for the clasp. Stopped. Ran his fingers over it. Stopped. Closed his eyes.
This was ridiculous. He opened the clasp. Stopped again. Let it snap close again.
Then he pulled his hands away from it, crossed his arms.

He couldn't take it off. He liked it too much.
It was nice. And he hated that it was nice.