Chapter 1🌻

Derinsola's POV

I blinked repeatedly, examining where I was.

I was at the hotel room, definitely.

I definitely recognised this room but I hadn't remembered lodging in here, last night.

I sat up, trying hard to remember what had happened last night when I felt my head pounding hard, as I winced out in pain.

“Shit” I cussed, as I started to trace back my memories to where I had last been.

I caught sight of the invitation card beside me on and the memories of yesterday started flooding in.

I remembered how the only woman I had ever loved, visited my office and gave me an invitation to her wedding.

She was fucking getting married to a man.

And that man was not me.

The thought of this made my head throb even more.

I remember calling my best bud, to accompany me to a bar and drink our sorrows away.

He concluded we should just head to the club of this hotel, where I worked, because it was owned by my family and I remembered us having a few drinks.

After that, I was blank.

Completely blank.

What the hell happened, and how did I end up here?!

I dragged myself lazily out of bed as I went straight to the mirror to examine myself.

I was still dressed in my shirt and pants and I still had my shoes on.

Maybe I had just walked upstairs and slept off after getting super drunk.

I yawned tiredly, walking into the bathroom to wash up.

I freshened up and looked neat, before getting out in my underwear, making up my mind to put the clothes I had worn here back on.

I grabbed the shirt and the smell of alcohol engulfed me as I threw them back on the bed.

Shit, what do I do now?!

Thank God, my office was just a few floors away.

And I was sure I had some spare clothes up there.

I searched around frantically for my phone before finding it under the bed.

The first thing I saw on my phone was a message notification.

I wonder what this was about.

It was from the bank.

Giving me my account balance and the figures I could see made me stagger, almost making me go into brain shock.

Wwwwhat!

What the actual fuck?!

I didn't have a penny in my account.

And I remembered I had over 5 million there last night.

What the heck happened last night?!

In my bathrobe, I scurried out the room with my phone, inhaling and exhaling with difficulty as I was a step close to an heart attack..

I didn't understand what was going on.

I couldn't!!!

I blinked repeatedly trying hard to remember what had happened last night.

And an image flickered in my head.

A very beautiful image.

* * * * * * * * * * * *