Chapter 17🌻

Lola's POV

“Uhhh! My chest” I complained in a muffled voice as I slapped my palm against my chest furiously.

I was probably really hungry and that's why my heart is beating so irregularly.

“Are you okay?” I heard him ask from behind me as I immediately turned around to see Derin and my sister staring at me like I had grown two heads.

“I'm fine..... Dara, go in and change, I need to speak to Mr....... here.” I told Dara as she frowned at me in confusion while Derinsola looked at me strangely.

“Wow! Are you that mad at him? I thought you had gotten back together outside?” She asked as I dismissed her words.

“Go inside, Dara, now.” I told her raising my voice a bit before I paused to register what had come out from her mouth in my brain.

“Wait, what?” I asked her as Derinsola's shot me an apologetic look from behind my sister.

Did he lie to her about us?

“Bye. I have test soon, so I'll leave y'all to your drama” She told us as she walked in, ignoring my look of confusion.

As soon as I heard the door to her room shut close, I snapped my head towards Derinsola while my brain tried to determine whether I should take a step towards him or just stay back here.

I chose the latter.

“What did she mean by made up?” I asked him as he sighed before looking back at me.

“I told her we were dating. I didn't mean to, I just did” He spoke as I frowned at his words.

What?

Why would he do that?

“We are not dating, we are not even fake dating anymore, so why did you tell her that? I don't want my family to be part of this facade. Please, leave them out of it” I told him honestly as I let out a frustrated sigh at the end.

Today has been rough.

“And please don't come to my house again. Infact, why did you come here?” I asked as I walked towards the couch and plopped on it.

I shut my eyes close, trying to relax for a few seconds.

I was too exhausted to argue or cause a scene, so I will just let him speak.

I was curious too, anyways.

“I need you to come to dinner with me” He told me as I immediately opened my eyes and shot my head towards his direction.

Uhn?

“What are you saying, Derin?” I asked him as he sighed before moving over to where I sat and lowered himself unto the couch, a few inches from me.

I looked at him suspiciously as my eyes trailed after him.

“Things got out of hand and I really need you at that dinner as my girlfriend” He spoke as I paused in my actions looking at him in disbelief.

What the hell?

I don't care about how things got out of hand.

Did he really think I would ever agree to that, again?

Especially after everything that had happened in the past?

I let out a small laughter in disbelief as I looked at him.

He had some gut o.

“I promise to pay you for your time. Just name your price” He spoke as I immediately stopped my laughter.