Chapter 28🌻

Lola's POV

“I said go to bed, Dara!” I ordered trying hard not to yell at her.

“Fine.”Dara told me after a pause, clearly taken aback by my edgy behaviour.

“Goodnight.”Dara waved to Derin before kissing my mum on the cheek and shooting me a look before walking in.

Better watch that attitude, little girl!

“Lola, why didn't you ever mention that you had a boyfriend?” My mother asked with a questioning smile as soon as Dara shut her doors closed.

Dammit!

“Because I don't” I spoke honestly, dropping the glass of water beside Derinsola as I moved towards Tunmise's sleeping figure as I adjusted the blanket over her.

“We are not dating, ma'am. We are just friends” I heard Derinsola tell my mother respectfully as her face immediately formed that of disappointment.

“Friends?! Yeah, okay” I muttered with a snicker loud enough for both of them to hear as I continued adjusting the blanket over Tunmise.

Why was I even covering her?

This drunk girl is the reason Derin is sitted in front of my mother right now.

“Well, are you married or currently in a relationship?” My mother asked him as I abruptly stood up and turned to her shooting her a look if disbelief.

Derinsola slowly shook his head with a confused look, probably wondering why my mother was asking all these questions.

“Hmm, good to know” She said as I frowned, giving her a look of disapproval.

Not cool, mum.

“Anywaysss!! She's asleep now. I think she can spend the night in my room. You can head back to work or wherever...” I spoke doing a 'shuʼ motion with my hands, while I addressed Derinsola.

“Srisha!” My mother called out my name sternly as her expression held, confusion and questions.

“Uhrm, okay. I'll just take my leave” Derinsola spoke suddenly boring holes into my face as I avoided his gaze.

Good!

“cool” I replied in a monotone, turning around and walking in the direction of my room.

I felt my stomach sink into a deep pit at the fact he was leaving.

“Where are you going?” I heard my mum's voice call out as I paused and turned back to face them.

“Ohh, I just want to make the bed for..” I started off as my mum immediately cut me off.

“I think I can handle that. You would see him off” My mother told me in a 'matter of factʼ tone as my glance trailed towards Derinsola, staring at me as if he was trying to figure out what I was thinking.

Stop staring at me like that!!

“I...” He started of as my mother stopped him.

“She would see you out, Derin....” She told him as she headed towards my direction.

“..and act nicer too” I heard her mutter to me with a glare as I stared at her with a small pout.

I'm not a kid, mum.

I can pretend to hate whoever I want.

“Fine” I spoke immediately forcing up an obviously fake smile before walking past Derin towards the door.

I swung the door open and walked out immediately, without waiting for Derin.

Why was I acting like a bitch?!