Luna

As I lay in my bedroom, I saw the stillness of the night gathered all over.
From my bedroom window, I see him. The lover I once had shining before me.
As if to console me with my burdens.

The night brought forth the whisper of his heart, "I miss you, moonlight."

I was once again revived by our memories. How we used to sit in our favorite spot, watching the cars go by, with vanilla in our hands, sharing the fate of two lovers who had the moon shine so brightly as they witnessed the promise of love we offered each other.

I miss those promises and how you'd call me "moonlight."

I miss the gentleness your love gave me.

I miss your love letters and the knowledge of the poems we both wrote.

To the lover I once had, you were my epitome of wisdom and grace. I'm only three steps behind the path you've carved for yourself.
I adored your works; they astounded me in ways I can't explain.

We were lovers who wished to fly to the moon to demonstrate that the value of our love cannot be measured, as the saying goes,
"I love you to the moon and back."

We had so much stored for us, yet during those moments, I fled from the love you offered unconditionally to me.
I was a fool, a fool scared of receiving so much love that I'd rather run away than face and accept it.

10 full moons passed and we parted ways, bearing the aches and pain we once shared.

A melancholic love story, I say.