. . . 005

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝒂𝒑𝒐𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒚𝒑𝒔𝒆

" your lips, my lips. "

act v.

once the week came back around, the teens each got up at the same time ( which they always did ) and started to get ready. alora was a bit slower than usual, regretting having to even wake up. she stepped downstairs, no expression on her face as she grabbed a piece of toast and left the house. she skated all the way to max's house, waiting for the redhead to approach her.
"morning," maxine tried to lighten the brunette's spirits, but to no avail.
"morning."
once the two reached the high school, they put their skateboards up, walking the rest of the way. alora was chewing on her gum obnoxiously, which was something she did when she was either angry or upset. perhaps it was both.
they went their separate ways, alora meeting with dustin and max meeting with lucas.
"what's up, henderson?" alora asked, rather dull than usual. dustin hid his frown with a playful scoff.
"'what's up'? maya," the boy called her by her middle name, turning to look her in the eye. "you didn't answer or return any of my calls, and you never bothered to explain why. i haven't seen you since wednesday. what's up with you?"
alora bit her tongue, looking back into her locker. she slammed the door shut, drawing the attention from few around them.
"it's nothing. i'll see you in second block."
with that, she walked away, leaving dustin stunned, just standing there with a frown. he then closed his locker as well, tossing his backpack on his shoulder and stumbling to his first class.

"what in the hell is wrong with you, jason? did your mother drop you too many times as a baby?" the michelle girl fought back tears, restraining herself from lunging forward and pushing the boy back.
"i like your sense of humor, kid. i need my homework by thursday. no later than that." with that, he pulled on a strand of alora's hair harshly, leaving with the rest of his group. the younger girl inhaled deeply, picking up her stuff and wandering off to her lunch period. she was looking forward to seeing max and will ( as she couldn't say much more for the rest of her friends ). she wasn't very thrilled to see mike with eleven, as usual. but she just had to bare it for two more months.
"how's it going, weirdos?" alora retorted as she took a seat next to will, mike soon filing in behind her. she rolled her eyes, curling her knees up to her chest and cuddling up to will, who wrapped a secure arm around her shoulders. mike didn't notice it, as he was busy trying to tame his nerves.
"says you," lucas snorted, popping a fry in his mouth. she just rolled her eyes, stealing one from his plate and nibbling on it.
"i failed my test. oops." max smirked to herself, honestly not giving a shit about school at this point. she had her hood over her head and no food in front of her.
"you want to talk about it?" alora asked, as the state max was in right now had not been the prettiest.
"do i ever?" the redhead's brows rose, her shoulders shrugging lazily. alora only nodded.
"what did you do today, lor?" will asked the girl who he'd been holding, stroking her hair softly. the brunette thought back to the previous events of the day, chewing on her lower lip slightly.
"not much," she lied, leaning in closer to the byers boy. he nodded, but knew better than such a bland answer. mike gently nudged alora, earning a groan and a glare from the girl.
"what?" she cocked an eyebrow at him, a blunt expression dripping from her face. it was weird seeing alora so annoyed with mike.
"i wanted to ask you something," mike whispered, chewing on the inside of his cheek. he felt everyone's eyes on him, seeming to stare a hole in every angle of his head. his cheek flushed, but he cleared his throat to stand his ground.
"what is it, wheeler?" she asked, sitting up from her position in will's lap. that was when mike noticed how she was straddling him, his face falling immediately.
"never mind. i forgot," he stammered, looking back ahead of himself, swallowing hard. he felt his heart break with every minute passing. alora felt it too, but leaned back onto will's chest, chewing on her lip.

" come out and haunt me. "