. . . 004

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝒘𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒏

" baby, worship my hips and waist. "

act iv.

it's always the same when the week ends. the teens enjoy their free weekend at the arcade or at each other's houses. they've even gone bowling a couple of times. but something about this weekend was different. it was a saturday afternoon ( same old, same old ), with just the right breeze for max and alora to be hitting the pavement with their boards. with the wind running through their hair just right and their smiles never-ending, it seemed like the perfect day to be care free, and happy. but alora's stomach seemed to churn with every curve she'd turn sharp on. she was still thinking of mike, and eleven. she knew it wasn't anyone's fault but her own. if only she'd told him how she felt.
"look, i know you're upset. and you have every damn right to be," max started, putting her hair in a low ponytail, "but if you don't tell him now, then you'll lose him."
alora just kept her eyes ahead of her, her feet on the board beneath her, teeth gritted.
"i've already lost him."

"so, that's it?" mike asked, personally surprised. he knew alora wasn't too hard to impress, but then again, the girl didn't like very many people.
"pretty much," eleven said finally, standing up from the crouched position she'd been in the entire time.
"wait. can you see what she's doing right now?" mike persisted, an annoying pout on his face. eleven rolled her eyes.
"what if she's changing or something. isn't that an invasion of privacy?" she hummed, a blunt look on her face.
"you're a girl. it's not anything you haven't seen before." mike stood up, giving her one of nancy's tank tops to cover her eyes with. eleven let out an exaggerated sigh, nodding to herself. she took the tank top, rolling it up perfectly and sitting down. she wrapped it around her head, covering her eyes.
"fuck you, michael wheeler."

dustin, lucas and will had all been at the mall with steve, all fooling around with stupid shit.
"where is mike, anyway?" lucas asked, not having seen him in several days. will shrugged.
"said he had something with eleven." will didn't want them knowing why he was with eleven and the idiotic 'project' he had going on, as the boys would've told alora. they wouldn't have taken it seriously, either.
"i'd say mike is pretty attached. pisses me off, to say the least," steve scoffed, his hand touching everything they passed. alora was steve's cousin, and he knew her and mike were close. he'd sensed some feelings between the two, and having eleven in the group wasn't what steve would exactly call 'a good idea'. he would've told mike off, but he knew better than to embarrass alora. dustin nodded.
"we all know alora is madly in love with him. and i honestly thought mike felt the same," the henderson boy sighed. lucas nudged him.
"he did before el caught him off guard," lucas pursed his lips, grabbing a pair of sunglasses from a rack.
"well, it doesn't matter right now. they will figure their shit out on their own. let's just enjoy the weekend while we can, yeah?" will smiled a little too widely. that wide smile always showed the group when he was faking it.
"yeah, sure," dustin frowned to himself, feeling something was off with will. the group continued on into the mall, buying things they didn't need or would use anytime soon. it was really something to get their mind off of school ( excluding steve ). will used this as an excuse to insist that he was okay. but he was far from it.

" and you will never know a god without a goddess. "