. . . 0005

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

10 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒊 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒂𝒃𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖

" sometimes i miss when we were in it. "

act v.

"honey, i'm sure everything will go just fine. you're worrying too much," karen wheeler tried to calm her son, who was tidying up his room so that alora didn't know how messy he'd been lately. the group knew he didn't clean all that much, but his room had been worse than it usually should be since he's been so occupied with the thought of the other girl.

nancy walked in on her little brother cleaning, who's breath was heavy with nerves.
"your face is breaking out. this kind of stress isn't healthy. she's just a girl," she had a tone of sarcasm. mike looked up at her, his expression going from frantic to intense with bewilderment.
"no, nancy. she's not just a girl. she's my best friend. the girl that i dream of every single night. i can't screw this up."
nancy's brows rose at the words that came out of his mouth, curious as to how alora had turned mike into such an affectionate person. she nodded, joining the younger male and helping him to prepare.
"then let's make this perfect."

alora had been getting ready ever since she got home that same day, having taken an hour long shower and curling her hair once it was dry. she did her makeup just a bit different, but didn't want to look too dramatic for the boy. if he didn't like how she looked without being dolled up, then he wasn't the one.
she stepped back into her room, a towel wrapped around her figure. she rummaged through her closet, pulling out a dress that seemed casual enough. it wasn't like this was a date, but she wanted to look nice, nonetheless. she wanted mike to believe she was fine.
alora slipped into the slim-fit dress, pulling black combat boots over her feet. she put her hair up into a half-up half-down hairstyle, tying white ribbon in the back. the maroon colored dress and black boots, plus the added ribbon complemented her features sweetly, and for the first time, she was just a little nervous to see mike.
she tiptoed down the stairs, careful not to grab the attention of her fighting parents. she opened and closed the front door, grabbing her skateboard and strolling down the street.

"did you know mike and alora are going on a date today?" eleven broke the silence between her and her adoptive father, jim hopper. he looked up from his plate of eggos, humming in delight.
"that's nice. glad those kids have come to their senses."
eleven's brows furrowed at the comment.
"what do you mean?" the girl was new to this. she didn't realize the history behind the two teens. that could have been why alora was so upset that eleven showed up.
"those two have liked each other since forever. the whole town knows. silly, oblivious teenagers." jim stood up from his seat, placing his empty plate in the sink. eleven only smiled at the thought. mike was worried for nothing.

alora knocked on the familiar door to the wheeler's home. she adjusted the dress one too many times, pulling it down as if it were too short. the door cracked open, however alora didn't notice. she was staring down at the ground thinking about what could possibly go wrong.
"are you okay?" mike's voice grabbed the girl's attention. her head whipped up, her eyes locking with those of the other boy. she smiled a little at the sight of him, an aurora of old spice and potato chips wafting through the door. he always smelled amazing to her.
"yeah," she shrugged, stepping into the house. mike grabbed her hand gently, entwining their fingers. he led her to the basement, where lights were strung up around the ceiling, a projector casting a screen onto the wall. her mouth gaped open a bit, surprised that mike went out of his way just to make the place look pleasant.

mike's hand reached up to the back of his neck, scratching it nervously as he let out a small, breathless laugh.
"i thought it'd be better if the place wasn't a wreck," he added, analyzing alora's face, searching for an expression. she cracked a smile, looking up at the boy.
"i love it," she said, giving him a look of assurance. he sighed a breath of relief, walking the two over to the couch.

the two teens took a seat beside one another, mike starting the movie and grabbing the popcorn on the side. he drizzled caramel over the top, the other half full of butter on the bottom. he handed the box of popcorn to the girl, who displayed her legs across his lap. she leaned back on the couch, popping the popcorn in her mouth and looking at the image that played on the wall. mike looked at her with such admiration, rubbing his hand up and down her leg as she shivered a little. he wrapped a blanket around her shoulders, his arms resting on top of her legs.

alora and mike watched the movie for a while, getting about halfway through it before they ended up sprawled out across the couch, mike's arms enveloping the other girl's waist. her back was against his stomach, her head just beneath his chin. their legs were entangled, a soft blanket covering the two. alora had fallen asleep and mike was just about to. he'd been gazing at her for a while, amazed by how flawless she could look while in a slumber. it all felt right in the moment, and he had a feeling she would sleep over, even if she wasn't prepared. he'd always left clothes at his house for her. just in case.

"alora," the boy whispered in her ear. "alora, wake up."
the girl gasped awake, shooting up right. mike rubbed her back, comforting her enough so she could become aware of where she was. she looked back at him, falling back onto the armrest of the couch. they locked eyes, loving the moment that they were encased in.
"do you want anything to eat?" he asked, not sure if he should have asked. she thought about it for a moment, and actually considered it. but rejected the offer, suggesting that they go outside for some fresh air. she felt suffocated, for some reason. he nodded, picking the girl up bridal style. she didn't bother debating about it, as she was half asleep and didn't feel like getting up anyway.
alora's hands rested on his chest, her head falling against his shoulder. he kissed the top of her head, carrying her outside.

mike opened the door, the cold breeze slapping him in the face. however, he ignored the freezing chill for alora. she always loved going outside.
he took a seat on the swing that they'd just got on their front porch, alora sitting up right in his lap. she leaned back into his chest. mike wrapped his hands around her stomach, his chin resting on her shoulder.
"thank you, michael," she broke the silence, a pit of fear filling the emptiness in her stomach. she wanted to tell him how she felt, because maybe he felt the same. but she didn't dare embarrass herself if he didn't.
he hummed. "for what?" mike kissed her bare shoulder, replacing the cold with warmth. alora flinched a little, but bathed in the pleasure once it became friendly enough.
"being a friend." her voice was small, and almost reluctant. she didn't think of him that way. he, of course, had always been her best friend. she somehow wanted more though.
mike's face fell once more, having had enough of the temptation and waiting.
"is that what you would call this?"

part two coming soon

" and i don't know how i fell for your shit."