Speech

The crowd roared when my name was called. I was so thrilled I couldn't move just sat there shocked with my mouth hung open. I saw my face in the big screen above the stage. I beamed as my fellow cast mate from The Maze Runner, Ki Hong Lee came up to me and held out his hand for me to take. I took it gratefully as he escorted me through the crowds and up the steps planting a kiss on my hand and letting me go as I walk into the stage.

I walked towards Millie shaking her hand gratefully claiming my trophy. It was a wooden slate with a golden plaque, my name engraved on the front. Millie walked away of the stage leaving me up there alone infront on the microphone.

Many familiar faces looked at me. I didn't have a speech planned so I was just gunna have to roll with it. "I uhm, I'm speechless. I- I'm going to start of by thanking everyone for this. I have so many people to give credit to. But mainly ofcourse I must thank my mum, dad and other family members. They stood by me with support through all of this even tho they could not make it here tonight I know they are back in England watching this right now my mum probaly falling asleep." I giggled a little tear escaping my eye and the crowd chuckling at this. " I also need to thank all my friends, that includes my cast mates and also importantly my mates in England who I can be myself around and make going back home and to school so much more exciting and welcoming than it already is. And finally I wouldn't be here without The Maze Runner cast, as it was my first ever proper actor film and everyone there was like a big family. They thought me the ropes and gave me the experience I have now which got me here today. Specifically Ki Hong Lee. Thomas Brodie Sangster and Dylan O'Brien. You guys are like brothers to me thank you. I have much more to say but I'm not going to bore you guys by rambling on so thank you so so much." By now tears of joy were streaming down my face as the crowd applauded and wooed. I held up the plague looking around the room when my eyes met his.

Aidans eyes glowed as he mouthed the words "well done" to me. I smiled back at him walked of the stage taking back my seat.

After the ceremony I had to talk to more interviewers and many other celebrities come up to me to say congrats. I wanted some peace and quite before attending the after party, so I walked out into the trailer park looking up at the sky.

A beautiful sunset ran over the sky. I sat down on a bench where not a person was in sight, thankfully. That's when I heard some footsteps on he gravel behind me. I turned around curiously to know who was sneaking up on me. I was grateful ti see the one and only Aidan Gallagher. He sat down next to me. " well done Y/n, you are truly an amazing one in a million." I could feel my stomach doing summer-salts.
"Thank you Aidan that's very sweet of you." We sat in comfortable silence when I feel something soft brush against my hand. I looked down to see Aidan hand inching slowly towards mine. He seemed nervous but I thought I'd let him make the first move. Then I felt his hand gently grab mine, I accepted the invitation our finger's entwining.