Chapter 9

Yukimura woke up with a smile as he watched the sleeping girl beside him, sharing his bed for that night. He gently swiped the hair from her face, trying to memorize her facial features.

She flinched and slowly fluttered her eyes open "Oh, sorry, did I wake you up?" he apologized softly and pats her head, which shook no. "How was your sleep then, still feeling tired from our trip yesterday?"

"No. I enjoyed that. It was very fun" she answered and smiled brightly, making him chuckle and hug her tighter. It was a blissful moment for both of them as things started to fall into place with them finding each other in the most unhappy place.

"I would have a rehab later in preparation for my surgery. Would you like to come?" Yukimura invited, but she smiled and refused the offer. "I'd love to. But, I need to prepare some stuff for our next 'training'" she insisted and giggled.

"Ahh, you don't have to push yourself. You might get sick again. Plus, we can have all the time now since we are both starting to get better, right?"

"Uhn! But, I still want to prepare some stuff, so that once you get out of here, your teammates will be surprised that the demon they know from the courts no longer exists, but rather a demigod"

Yukimura chuckled at the silliness of the idea. "Demigod, huh. I don't think I could live up on that kind of expectation"

"Don't worry! After our continuous training, I'm sure you'll feel it yourself" and she smirked with an intent of making him work for it, making him chuckle nervously. "I guess I'll be in your care then" and he pats her head, making her smile in contentment.

—---

While Yukimura was undergoing his rehab, Yuki went to her doctor to get some updates regarding her condition.

"Hi Yuki-chan. You seem to be in a good mood"

She nodded happily and smiled. "Yup. I went out with Seiichi yesterday. I enjoyed being outside for the first time" she narrated. The doctor nodded in please.

"So, sensei. Tell me you have some good news for me"

The doctor paused for a moment and checked her medical records, humming as he read the latest laboratory results that came out. "It seems that your condition is improving based on the recent results. The new medicine and therapy seems to working well and compatible with your body"

Her face light up with the good news. "REALLY?! I'm glad to hear that!!!!!" she exclaimed and jumped up and down.

"Calm down. You need still be careful as there can be some particular side effects, which are not very nice"

Yuki now pouted and sat down. "I guess that's a bit of compromise rather than staying here forever in the hospital."

"Don't worry. We would still look for some medicine that might work with no side effects"

"Jaa, I trust you on that sensei...but, out of curiosity, how about Seiichi's condition, would he be okay?"

"Of course. His surgery will be rather complicated and long, but it will be very successful, rest assured"

She smiled and bowed down.

Yuki returned to the room with a smile on her face. Not only she received one good news, but two. It would indicate that she would be able to spend more time with Yukimura outside the hospital and be able to go to other places.

She grabbed her notebook to start writing and planning the stuff they will do together once they get out of the hospital, but she suddenly stopped and stared blankly.