Chapter 4

The night continues and the Beasts are watching.

Riley is with Dave planning an escape.

Dave is Searching Camp looking for the car keys.

John is sitting on a rock believing the night is over.

Douglas is examining the Beasts corpse.

"Get away from that thing Douglas its nasty. John said.

"No way this is an undiscovered animal, And i want to be the first to look at it, i might not get another chance to see one again." Douglas said.

"Have you seen anything like it before?" Said John

"No, its one of a kind i believe, The locals never warned us about this thing back in town." Douglas replied

"Maybe they didn't know about it, It's hard to see the damn thing let alone get a good look at it." John told him.

As the two men take a look at the Beast they hear screams from the direction of the camp.

"What the hell's that noise?" Douglas said.

"It sounded like it came from the camp." John replied.

Both men head for the camp, But first John picks up the pistol.

They run towards the camp not knowing the cause for the screams.

Fear is instilled in both men as they make the run to camp, Who could be screaming and why?

They arrive to camp, Neither Riley or Dave are present at camp, However there is a trail of blood leading into the dark desert.

John and Douglas decide whether they should stay at camp or follow the trail of blood.

They decide to stay at camp, Waiting for Riley and Dave to come back to camp.

As they sit at camp, They see the bright lights of headlights of a car.

They rush in front of the car happy for the evening to be over with and to get home.

The three men in the car exit.

"What the hell are you doing jumping in front of our vehicle you damn idiot?" Said the driver of the car.

"Im sorry man we've had a hell of a night, My name is Douglas this is John, Our friends are missing some Beast attacked us and we are all split up." Douglas said.

"Alright im Joel, This is Thomas, And this is Harrison, Care to tell us why there's a heap of blood around your camp?" Joel said angrily

"A Beast unlike anything we've ever seen before attacked us and split us up." John said.

"You idiots where is it at, We need to leave now." Harrison told him.

"Its no problem now its dead we shot it, He won't be going anywhere now." John said happily

"You've made things worse for us all, You never kill them, You always flee!" Thomas said.

"Why would we flee when we can kill it instead that makes no sense to us at all." Douglas said.

"Because when you kill one the rest of the pack gets angry, now there are multiple of those damn things around here somewhere looking for you! And Im inclined to let them have you." Thomas said.

"You've ruined their hunt,  And you've killed us aswell." Joel said.

"How have we killed you?" John said.

"Anyone in contact with the hunted are hunted aswell, Now we have to help you kill the pack." Joel said.

"Damn that's not good" Douglas said.

Elsewhere, Riley and Dave are hiding from one of the Beasts, they successfully stay hidden and the beast looks elsewhere.

"What now Riley?" Dave whispers

"I don't know anymore." Riley whispers back.

"Shit shit shit man, This is fucked i shouldn't have agreed to come out here i knew it was a shitty idea and i came out here anyways im a damn idiot for listening to you." Dave whispers to Riley.

"Fuck off man i didn't know this would happen i thought it would be a fun weekend before i graduate." Riley whispers back.

The two men continue to argue in whispers when all of a sudden they hear a loud roar.

"What the fuck was that sound?" Dave says.

"We should run to camp and not look back." Riley says.

Dave nods in agreement and the two men run to camp as fast as they can.

Elsewhere Joel explains the Beasts to Douglas and John.

"They call them Chiklus" Douglas attempts to not laugh.

"This is no joke Douglas, Those things can rip you apart with or without a ridiculous name." Joel says.

"Where do they come from?" John says.

"We don't know they just appeared a few years back, Most people stay out of the desert at night only idiots like yourselves go into the desert at night around here anymore." Joel replies.

"Whats with the insults?" Douglas said.

"Well our lives are at risk because of you idiots, So that's whats with the insults." Harrison said.

"We didn't know the desert was infested with damn chiklus we just wanted to enjoy the weekend in a scorching hot desert." Douglas exclaimed.

"We just need to get out of this place, lets go." Joel said.

"We are not leaving without Riley and Dave." John said as Douglas nodded in agreement.

"You two are the biggest idiots ive had the displeasure of meeting, Your friends are a meal now, they are dead, Do you understand what i am saying? Your friends are no more" Joel told them.

"There is no way they are dead i refuse to believe it, Lets go find them, John you have the gun right?" Douglas said.

John and Douglas are preparing to leave to find their friends and get out of this place, When Joel stops them.

"Alright Alright you made your point, Let us get our guns and we will search for your friends, But if we don't find them in an hour, We leave." Joel told them.

"Okay if we don't find our friends in the next hour we will leave." John said.

The 5 men prepare to go find Riley and Dave so they can leave the area.

"Okay before we go a few things, If you see one of those things attempt to kill it. Joel said.

"But you guys said not too kill them?" Douglas inquired.

"That was before you killed one of them, Now they are truly angry and are going to be more aggressive." Joel said.

As they were talking, Riley and Dave emerged from the desert with a Chiklu closing in on them.

"RUN DAVE RUN" Riley yelled

Joel loads his gun and shoots the Chiklu.

The chiklu is dead, and Riley and Dave have been found.

But the rest of the Chiklus are closing in.