The Light

A/N: Hi. Be happy. I'm not dead.

Within the darkness, there was a light. I'm dead. I'm dead. I'm freaking dead. Goodbye, life. I'm dead. Despite knowing that I shouldn't go towards the light, I didn't have control over myself. I went towards the light.

Suddenly, I was back in my cryo-pod. "Software update complete."

"COME ON!!! How am I back?! How am I freaking back?!"

"Good morning, Captain." I started pounding on the cryo-pod. "We are currently ERROR years into our journey. Coffee is en route. Current ship status is absolutely catastrophic." Alarms started to blare outside of the cryo-pod and everything turned red.

I pounded harder. "LET ME THE HECK OUT!!!"

"Initializing emergency Wakey-Wakey Protocol."

I pounded a few more times and was launched from my cryo-pod onto the ground. I punched the ground in anger, then got up. I looked around. I grabbed the fire extinguisher and threw it at the window, breaking it and getting sucked into space.

I woke up in my cryo-pod, again. I pounded it open before the computer even started talking. I pounded on a cabinet, upset. "Reviving head engineer."

I was headed for the door when Mark spoke. "Captain, does this feel—" he was cut off by some sort of glitching before returning to normal, "—familiar to you?"

My eyes suddenly welled up with tears. I went through the ship while multiple things malfunctioned. I made it to the warp core— Nevermind. There's still a wormhole there. I was about to jump in when Mark finally caught up to me.

"Captain, wait! What the hell are you—" When our eyes met, he suddenly remembered everything. "Oh, jeez..."