01. We Only See Each Other at Weddings and Funerals (Part One)

"In five, four, three, two... This is Jim Hellerman, reporting live for Channel 2 news outside of the Capital West Bank at Main and Sixth. A group of heavily armed men stormed the bank not six hours ago and took an unknown number of hostages."

"Hey, get them behind the counter!" One of the men shouted, rounding up the hostages. "Now you've put me in a position where I've got to do something I don't want to do."

Allison skipped over to the man with her arms clasped innocently behind her back. The man looked down at her. "Hey! Get back with the others!"

Allison stepped closer to him. "I heard a rumor."

"Huh?"

She stepped even closer and a smirk overtook her face. "I heard a rumor that you shot your friend in the foot." The man did as she told him to and shot his friend's foot twice. The hostages let out a scream.

Melody gave the hostages a reassuring nod. "We'll get you out of here safely."

Luther jumped from the roof into another man and slammed his head against the counter before tossing him out the window.

Diego ran in as he shouted, "Guns are for sissies. Real men throw knives." He threw his daggers forward and they curved at the last second. They landed into a man's chest.

The man, still on the counter, started aiming at the kids and kept it pointed at Melody as he said, "Get back you freaks."

"Hey, be careful up there, buddy," Diego taunted.

"Yeah, wouldn't want you to get hurt," Allison added.

Five popped up behind him and asked, "Or what?" He popped away.

The man was visibly frustrated as he kept shooting at the spaces Five had been. Five popped behind him and punched him in the face with something. "That's one badass stapler."

Diego noticed a stray bullet flying towards Melody. He rushed over to her and pushed her down and the bullet lodged itself into a wall.

Luther looked at the hostages and said, "They shouldn't be here to see this."

Melody manipulated the energy around her to protect both herself and the hostages. She un-taped their mouths and the hostages stood and followed her to the door. She opened it and ushered them out.

Ben frowned and asked his siblings, "Do we really have to do this?"

"Come on, Ben. There's still more guys in the vault," Luther told them.

Ben did his thing, and blood spatter the window.

☂️☂️☂️

The kids walked out of the bank once all the thieves had been dealt with. Reporters started shouting at them, but the kids ignored them.

Reginald Hargreeves addressed the crowd. "Our world is changing. Has changed. There are some among us gifted with abilities far beyond the ordinary. I have adopted seven such children. I give you the inaugural class of the Umbrella Academy."

2019

Melody Hargreeves looked up as Detective Luke Davis entered and smiled. "Are you gonna let me out now?"

He sighed as he unlocked the door. "I love you, but this is getting out of hand."

"I'm not afraid to put an asshole in his place."